collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: fit and proper test  (Read 11409 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: fit and proper test
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2016, 11:26:38 PM »
Is there any particular reason why you can't add your comments to an existing thread Trevor? We are discussing the takeover in a thread which has "takeover" in the title.

You're simply, and knowingly, refusing to acknowledge how important Trevor is. For shame.

Offline trevor fisher

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 07:13:46 AM »
If we are going to talk German pop artists, then Nena's 99 Red Balloons is the most relevant. Like the song says, its hard to tell the difference between 99 Red Balloons and the start of a nuclear attack. What is happening at Villa could be the start of a new era, or the slide into administration. I simply can't tell if Tony Xia has the resources to take us to #3 in the world.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 07:28:11 AM »
Yes, that is all very well but before German pop art GMW Turner painted masterpieces in burnt umber and yellow ochre BECAUSE THEY WERE CHEAPER than cobalt blue and aquamarine.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 10:12:44 AM »
Yes, that is all very well but before German pop art GMW Turner painted masterpieces in burnt umber and yellow ochre BECAUSE THEY WERE CHEAPER than cobalt blue and aquamarine.

I buy Johnstones paint instead of Farrow & Ball for the same reason

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 10:25:14 AM »
Lotus Health manufacture MSG. MSG also = Michael Schenker Group - dodgy 80s group featuring a quite mad German guitarist.

It all makes sense now.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 10:30:03 AM »
Lotus Health manufacture MSG. MSG also = Michael Schenker Group - dodgy 80s group featuring a quite mad German guitarist.

It all makes sense now.

This site constantly makes my brain hurt, but that must be healthy.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 02:01:47 PM »

It all makes sense now.
Still going with just Schenker as the original member.
They played The Robin 2 in Bilston recently

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 02:11:30 PM »
If we are going to talk German pop artists, then Nena's 99 Red Balloons is the most relevant. Like the song says, its hard to tell the difference between 99 Red Balloons and the start of a nuclear attack.

I remember her hairy armpits as much as the song

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2016, 04:01:14 PM »
when Bob Dylan wrote "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" he did not know about English football.

But what about when Falco wrote "Er war ein Virtuose. War ein Rockidol"? What about that, Trevor? WHAT ABOUT THAT?!

Zimmerman trumped that sheeaat with " He not busy being born is busy dying."

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2016, 10:39:16 PM »

It all makes sense now.

Particularly when you add in his stint in UFO, as some of the shit we come out with can only be the product of minds damaged by alien abductions.

Offline trevor fisher

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 10:17:37 AM »
meanwhile, back at Villa, I am told that the PRemier League as well as the Football League are investigating Tony. However as we are only a PRemier League club till June 1st, they have to make a decision by then. So expect to know the PL view by June 1st.

Whether the Football League have to accept the decision I do not know. To go back to the core issue, the Fit and Proper Person Test is obscure, and the phrase is not used in the documents I have seen. So if anyone can find it, that would throw light on the processes.

The PL should make a decision by June 1st, if they are investigating as reported. But why should they report? The processes are as clear as mud

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 10:34:20 AM »

It all makes sense now.

Did they ever play Madison Square Garden? (MSG)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2016, 11:17:18 AM »
meanwhile, back at Villa, I am told that the PRemier League as well as the Football League are investigating Tony. However as we are only a PRemier League club till June 1st, they have to make a decision by then. So expect to know the PL view by June 1st.

Whether the Football League have to accept the decision I do not know. To go back to the core issue, the Fit and Proper Person Test is obscure, and the phrase is not used in the documents I have seen. So if anyone can find it, that would throw light on the processes.

Why not just look at reply #5 on this thread? Davkaus lays out the very clear and easily available criteria that they are using.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2016, 11:23:31 AM »
Thanks Trevor Fisher.  I would also like to know what criteria they are using for this test, if anyone can help with that, I would be grateful.
KV2

Offline DaveD

• Twitter
  • GM : 26.12.2015
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2016, 12:01:41 PM »
"Fit and proper person" is standard terminology, we use it at Licensing. Each body will have its own detailed definition of what that means in their particular context.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal