collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony Xia interview in The Guardian  (Read 44422 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Re: Tony Xia interview in The Guardian
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2016, 02:26:53 PM »
Soft loan from Republic of China Peoples The Group?

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2016, 01:32:42 PM »
A great interview in the Times on Saturday too.

I still worry that he thinks his will be easier than it is, but am reassured that with the RDM sacking he was prepared to admit to a mistake.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2016, 01:54:36 PM »
Think back to December 2006 and we were praising Lerner for free coaches to Chelsea, the restoration of the Holte Pub, the next month we signed Ashley Young and Carew.

I think it's easy to judge Dr Tony know....from bitter experience the time to judge is when things start to go wrong...how will he react if we lose in the play offs for example? What will he do if a key manager walks out at a difficult stage of the season?

At least he has a decent board of football people which Lerner never showed any interest in setting up but it's easy so far to say Xia has been a great owner so far. The hard work on and off the pitch is still to come.

I agree.

The time to really judge him is when we see the first set of accounts and see where the money spent so far is coming from.

That doesn't equate to assuming it'll be bad news, but we really will not know until then.

The difference is Xia hasn't built a pub, put on free coaches. He's brought in an experienced CEO and somebody like Round who has the nous to restructure the club for the long term.

Offline Durham58

« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2016, 02:35:17 PM »
Think back to December 2006 and we were praising Lerner for free coaches to Chelsea, the restoration of the Holte Pub, the next month we signed Ashley Young and Carew.

I think it's easy to judge Dr Tony know....from bitter experience the time to judge is when things start to go wrong...how will he react if we lose in the play offs for example? What will he do if a key manager walks out at a difficult stage of the season?

At least he has a decent board of football people which Lerner never showed any interest in setting up but it's easy so far to say Xia has been a great owner so far. The hard work on and off the pitch is still to come.

I agree.

The time to really judge him is when we see the first set of accounts and see where the money spent so far is coming from.

That doesn't equate to assuming it'll be bad news, but we really will not know until then.

It looks like some of it is coming from HSBC as they now have a floating charge over the assets of the company.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2016, 05:31:25 AM »
When we bought Villa, it was a total mess. We are talking about the management system through the club. It was even much worse than I expected when I took over.

I am genuinely curious about this. Round has alluded to it as well. I have seen a few aquisitions over the years in different lines of business but never the buyer so openly critical of the previous owners before.

I cant imagine how bad it would have to be for me to publically say the asset I just paid 80 million for was worse than I thought.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2016, 12:03:48 PM »
When we bought Villa, it was a total mess. We are talking about the management system through the club. It was even much worse than I expected when I took over.

....is the correct answer.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2017, 11:22:50 AM »
Aston Villa’s colourful chairman Tony Xia has been named one of the 10 richest people in the West Midlands.

The 40-year-old from China has become a popular figure at Villa Park with his honest views on social media and willingness to dig deep and invest in new players.

Hail Dr Tony!  I really just want to say he's continued in this window to back the manager and really seems to want to push  club forward.
I really embrace his communication and savvy and has really shown himself as a today time of owner . Like how he does things and his enthusiasm I hope will be matched by players and fans around the world .
He's a rightful owner for this beloved football club and we really are very fortunate to have him

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »
Five players signed with maybe a couple more to follow.  Dr xia really backing up the club . Impressive.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2018, 07:51:51 PM »
One of the ten richest people.  Dear me.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2018, 07:57:02 PM »
A billionaire with a company with almost no internet presence, with thousands of employees with no internet presence, who proved his wealth to the PL with a document which looked like someone had knocked it up in Paint Shop Pro.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2018, 08:03:42 PM »
Proud to see from reviewing this thread that I very bravely said virtually nothing and let other people argue it out. Vindication at last.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2018, 08:45:18 PM »

This is working out well so far then!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2018, 08:47:14 PM »
Proud to see from reviewing this thread that I very bravely said virtually nothing and let other people argue it out. Vindication at last.

I just made a flippant comment of no substance whatsoever, which was in turn ignored.

I'm learning.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2018, 09:03:34 PM »
The highly detailed website of a multinational conglomerate is here.

http://en.reconig.com

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2018, 09:04:57 PM »
The highly detailed website of a multinational conglomerate is here.

http://en.reconig.com

“Enter Serach keywords”

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal