collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Does relegation have any affect on our review of standing areas?  (Read 8651 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Does relegation have any affect on our review of standing areas?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 10:51:40 PM »
The whole muddled thinking around standing is best summed up in the criteria surrounding promotion to the Championship. Burton will have three seasons to convert to all-seater. If they get relegated after a season then come straight back up, they'll have two seasons. It will still be the same ground, with predominantly the same supporters inside it. Yet this season it was safe for them to stand. Next season it will become less safe. If they go down again the following season it will be safe to stand again, but not as safe as it was two seasons earlier. If they then come back up it will become increasingly unsafe until at the end of two more seasons it will be completely unsafe. If they get relegated at any time after that it will still be unsafe but if they only stay up for one season it will become safe again until they get promoted for a third time, when it will be safe if they subsequently get relegated a third time but unsafe if they stay up for two successive seasons. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:58:17 PM by dave.woodhall »

Online papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 10:55:28 PM »
Seems logical enough.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 01:08:15 AM »
Don't stand me down.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 01:18:19 PM »
I was at a Bundesliga 2 game on Sunday and it was my first experience on a so called safe standing terrace. What struck me is how different it was to the terraces I remember of old. You were never more than a step or two away from a barrier and this was on a terrace that held approx 10k or so. I felt utterly safe, partly due to the behaviour of the Germans in the crowd, but also in no small part due to the its construction.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal