collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Championship Players  (Read 20721 times)

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: Championship Players
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2016, 08:01:05 PM »
I think that the standard of players is very different to what we are used to and this may shock people but I believe without any signings we have the players to finish top 8 ....... obviously we need more strength but I would throw the following team to be shot down ......

Bunn
Hutton Clark Baker Bennett
Green Gardner Westwood Amarvi
Grealish Gestede

Thats getting rid of all the foreigners bar the one and playing him further forward

I guess the point is we don't need a vast spend to reach top six just the right players and manager
Thats a very sorry line up. I would think we'd struggle to survive, let alone get promoted with that team.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2016, 08:03:10 PM »
9 players with a losing mentality, no leaders, no pace, 1 horrendously injury prone player and an untried kid.

Yep that team would be battling relegation or at best mid table with no challenge for play offs.

Offline myf

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2016, 09:17:16 PM »
I think that the standard of players is very different to what we are used to and this may shock people but I believe without any signings we have the players to finish top 8 ....... obviously we need more strength but I would throw the following team to be shot down ......

Bunn
Hutton Clark Baker Bennett
Green Gardner Westwood Amarvi
Grealish Gestede

Thats getting rid of all the foreigners bar the one and playing him further forward

I guess the point is we don't need a vast spend to reach top six just the right players and manager

What is it with Hutton. He is fockin SHIT

I totally agree mate. People seem to think he puts a shift in but I never see it. Loads if errors as well. Think he's got the prem record now for consecutive games without a win. Something like 30

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2016, 09:31:11 PM »
I like Hutton. He's okay, not brilliant, defensively and dangerous going forward.

If we were a much better team, he'd be a squad player at best. We're not though. He's one of our better players and there are far higher priorities than replacing him.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2016, 09:36:10 PM »
I like Hutton. He's okay, not brilliant, defensively and dangerous going forward.

If we were a much better team, he'd be a squad player at best. We're not though. He's one of our better players and there are far higher priorities than replacing him.
sorrybi disagree and file under, flatters to deceive.

Offline john2710

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2016, 09:38:22 PM »
Hutton, for all his effort going forward, delivers next to nothing.

Defensively, whilst not alone, he's a total liability.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2016, 11:07:36 PM »

The only danger he causes is to our own defence as he saunters back.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2016, 11:52:38 PM »
Jeez, a back four of Hutton, Baker, Clark and Bennett, with Bunn in goal?  There would be a weekly competition to see who could make the biggest defensive howler.  I could just about stomach Clark with the right players around him, but the rest of them - not good enough and never will be. 

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2016, 01:43:00 AM »
Bennett will be ok to be back up. Hutton will probably play as will Clark. Need a right footed centre half and leader. And a bloody keeper!

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 03:49:10 AM »
Would not be surprised to see Jed Steer as our keeper next season.He is our player and has been on loan at Huddersfield so has Championship experience

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 03:56:01 AM »
How about we keep "the foreigners" and ditch the home nations dross instead?

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 05:48:19 AM »
Another line up that overlooks Adama. I think you underestimate the Championship. A tough league where teams fight hard and don't give in. That line up will see us in League one. Most of them need to go as they have a losing mentality.

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 09:48:13 AM »
I think Bunn is a back up keeper at best even in that division.

The likes of Hutton, Clark, Westwood, Sinclair and Gestede will probably do okay at that level but it depends what your expectations are - Baker, Steer, Bennett and Gardner all played in the Championship this season but all were operating in the bottom half of the league or in Bennett's case not playing at all!

Grealish could be a big player for us next season and I think the likes of Gil and Traore are worth trying to hold on to.

Lyden, Toner, Green and Hepburn-Murphy will all be involved but are at this moment unproven

Apart from that we need to get rid of the rest (Gabby, Lescott, Richards, Sanchez, Guzan) and expect the rest will want to go (Ayew, Gana, Veretout, Amavi)

In short  there is a lot of work to do if we want to come straight back up!

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2016, 09:56:13 AM »
We need some experience in there. Players that have played at that level before, and know how to get out of it.
Players like Newcastle had when they last went down. Barton, Kevin Nolan, Wayne Routledge, Alan Smith, Guthrie.
Not world beaters, but just know-how and a bit of leadership.

Offline levico

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 09:57:44 AM »
I go further. There's a lot of work to do just to survive in the Championsip.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal