collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:54:22 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:54:22 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 09:51:04 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by LeeB
[Today at 09:50:04 AM]

Re: FFP by oldtimernow
[Today at 09:47:59 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 09:45:57 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 09:42:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Championship Players  (Read 20661 times)

Offline Leicester_Villian

Championship Players
« on: May 16, 2016, 05:11:00 PM »
I think that the standard of players is very different to what we are used to and this may shock people but I believe without any signings we have the players to finish top 8 ....... obviously we need more strength but I would throw the following team to be shot down ......

Bunn
Hutton Clark Baker Bennett
Green Gardner Westwood Amarvi
Grealish Gestede

Thats getting rid of all the foreigners bar the one and playing him further forward

I guess the point is we don't need a vast spend to reach top six just the right players and manager

Offline old man villa fan

Re: Championship Players
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 05:14:11 PM »
I think that the standard of players is very different to what we are used to and this may shock people but I believe without any signings we have the players to finish top 8 ....... obviously we need more strength but I would throw the following team to be shot down ......

Bunn
Grealish Gestede

Thats getting rid of all the foreigners bar the one and playing him further forward

I guess the point is we don't need a vast spend to reach top six just the right players and manager

I am sorry but you cannot play Clark and Baker in the same side.  Neither of them can play right side of defence.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 05:15:29 PM »

Bunn
Grealish Gestede

Why would we want to get rid of all the "foreigners"?

PS Gestede is a "foreigner " as well.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 05:16:51 PM »
Amavi will be one of the definite leavers imo

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 05:20:41 PM »

Bunn
Grealish Gestede

Amavi... and you could say Clark  could be considered "a foreigner" .

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 05:23:22 PM »
Amavi will be one of the definite leavers imo
Can't see anyone taking a punt on Amavi until he has proved himself again...it was a very bad injury that he suffered. We'll get one more season at least out of
him in my opinion.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 05:30:08 PM »
In my view Clark & Baker would be fine at Championship level ....... Toner also but don't know enough about him yet

The foreigners are the obvious ones plus some fat garbage at the club

I can't see anyone taking Amavi until January when he proves fitness and form

My overall point is with 3-4 players we have a team that would easily compete ....... just look at Small Heath ...they were not a million miles from the play offs and even we beat them lol

Offline HolmesyVilla

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 05:31:08 PM »

Bunn
Grealish Gestede

What is it with Hutton. He is fockin SHIT

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 05:43:28 PM »
9 players with a losing mentality, no leaders, no pace, 1 horrendously injury prone player and an untried kid.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 06:52:41 PM »
In my view Clark & Baker would be fine at Championship level ....... Toner also but don't know enough about him yet

The foreigners are the obvious ones plus some fat garbage at the club

I can't see anyone taking Amavi until January when he proves fitness and form

My overall point is with 3-4 players we have a team that would easily compete ....... just look at Small Heath ...they were not a million miles from the play offs and even we beat them lol

the lulus were 11 points off the play offs and 27 off automatic, so in reality they were miles off

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 07:03:46 PM »
After watching the burnley - qpr last game of the season I thought to myself if that is the standard required to get automatic promotion then we have a superb chance to come back up

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 07:05:23 PM »

Bunn
Grealish Gestede

That side would be closer to the bottom of the second tier next term than top

Bunn - pub player, second choice at the absolute best and I'd prefer to give Steer a chance as back up
Both full backs are hopeless, one is afraid of his shadow and the other has no footballing ability
Two left sided centre halves
Physically weak and slow centre  midfielders
No pace up top
Amavi and Gestede wouldn't pass the EDL foreigner test

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 07:22:21 PM »
Getting rid of all the foreigners bar the one

The foreigners are the obvious ones

Hiya Donald! Didn't know you were a Villa fan?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 07:52:33 PM »

Bunn
Grealish Gestede

That side would struggle to win league 2.  Reaching the top six doesn't get promotion either, unless you're lucky in the play offs.  We need a solid spine, we don't have one currently.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 07:59:08 PM »

Bunn
Grealish Gestede

Those 'foreigners' make up our most talented players for the most part, so getting rid of them would be fucking mental.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal