collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: naming of the ground  (Read 26003 times)

Offline peter w

Re: naming of the ground
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2016, 06:07:42 PM »
Lotus Arms Park? Stadium of Lotus(ersezzz)

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »
Wyness has stated categorically that Villa Park will remain Villa Park and not be renamed

Reassuring.  Saying that, I went to watch Wales v Slovakia in Bordeaux last weekend and being in the impressive new stadium there got me thinking about our ground.  Although matters on the field are far more pressing in the short term, some sort of redevelopment (particularly of the North Stand) will hopefully be on the cards in the not too distant future. 

I've always been opposed to the merest idea of a new stadium (no current need I know), but if it were to be done as well as the one in Bordeaux, was in the city centre and would benefit the club significantly, I found myself thinking I could just about stomach it.

Rebuilt the North Stand?  I remember the build back in 78 like only yesterday.   I was never its biggest fan but as far as the ground goes we don't need to do anything  for at  least the next  10 - 15 years.  Still remains one of the best in Britain.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #197 on: June 17, 2016, 07:53:08 PM »
Didn't the Doctor say in one of his earlier interviews that he has no intention of changing the name from Villa Park because it's a name known throughout the football world and you don't re-brand something just because you can.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #198 on: June 17, 2016, 10:43:13 PM »
Didn't the Doctor say in one of his earlier interviews that he has no intention of changing the name from Villa Park because it's a name known throughout the football world and you don't re-brand something just because you can.

That is true, The Laughing Policeman, but he has since gone further and stated that he intends to buy other teams/franchises(sob) , and put Villa in their name.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2016, 11:22:38 AM »

That is true, The Laughing Policeman, but he has since gone further and stated that he intends to buy other teams/franchises(sob) , and put Villa in their name.

First club reported to be in the Philippines.

Manila Villa

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2016, 11:31:47 AM »
I can see the headlines now...... Villa Thriller In Manila.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal