collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Released players  (Read 9405 times)

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
Re: Released players
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 12:07:53 PM »
Sometimes when I see team line-ups for games years ago I have that "blimey, I had forgotten he played for us" moment.

Something tells me that in ten years' time I'll think that about 75 % of our current squad. Utterly forgettable

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 12:38:29 PM »
Sometimes when I see team line-ups for games years ago I have that "blimey, I had forgotten he played for us" moment.

Something tells me that in ten years' time I'll think that about 75 % of our current squad. Utterly forgettable

If Villa had just avoided relegation, they would have been forgettable. However, due to their connection with the relegation, the players will be more memorable than bit part players from previous years

Offline peter w

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 12:39:29 PM »
I realise I may be part of a small minority but I rated Makoun.

Me too, I think McLeish dumping him the way he did was a mistake.  He played about 6-7 games and, whilst he was struggling with the pace of the league, he showed enough to suggest he could've been a good player for us the next year.  When you consider his 'replacement' was Jermaine Jenas it looks even worse.

And what's Makoun doing now?

Offline liam

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 12:42:02 PM »
Whens Kozac out of contract?

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 12:44:59 PM »
Can we have a "Send Notifications" on this? We want to be able to instantly celebrate the highly anticipated departures.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2016, 03:02:50 AM »
Are you suggesting we should have kept Kinsella? He couldn't get in Luton team last season.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2016, 07:18:36 AM »
Whens Kozac out of contract?

Kozak is end of next season.

Online ldavfc4eva

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2016, 07:41:20 AM »
Makoun played in 20 games for Antalyaspor in Turkey according to Wikipedia, I thought he did enough to suggest he could do a decent job when we had him too.

Saying that he hasn't set the world alight anywhere else, one who did improve was Michael Bradley although I can't remember seeing him play much to be honest.

I just hope we don't do a Chelsea and decide to offer a 1 year extension to our wonderful club servant Charles N'zogbia 😳
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:44:00 AM by ldavfc4eva »

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2016, 09:36:31 AM »
I cant wait to see where, and with what type of contract, Nzog ends up with.
Hopefully it will result in much merriment from most on here, anybody got any ideas?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016, 11:39:04 AM »
Hopefully it will result in much merriment from most on here, anybody got any ideas?

Does it matter? He's had 5 years at Villa on 3m+ a year as well as whatever he pocketed at Newcastle and Wigan. Unless he's a complete buffoon he'll never have to work a day again whoever comes in for him.

Online ldavfc4eva

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2016, 11:44:40 AM »
Typical Redknapp signing if he ever manages again.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2016, 01:15:49 PM »

Does it matter? He's had 5 years at Villa on 3m+ a year as well as whatever he pocketed at Newcastle and Wigan. Unless he's a complete buffoon he'll never have to work a day again whoever comes in for him.
Heres hoping he is and ends up fkd

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2016, 06:56:05 PM »

I wouldn't rule out the complete buffoon option. His tailor certainly saw him coming. As do most other people now.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2016, 07:29:27 PM »

I wouldn't rule out the complete buffoon option. His tailor certainly saw him coming. As do most other people now.

Compared to Gabby he looks a genius and that prat seems to making ends meet. To be honest at 29, if has an ounce of professionalism, he'll be able to milk the lower leagues or abroad for another 4 years even if  it is at the 2-5k a week level. Even at that reduced level its pretty hard to gloat when he's probably got 5m in the bank and has a 200k a year pension kicking in at 40

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2016, 08:57:16 PM »
Typical Redknapp signing if he ever manages again.
I dont think he limes Harry nor does Harry like him. In fairness to harry he clearly labelled him as a cjhancer years ago

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal