collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press darlings  (Read 13311 times)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
Re: Press darlings
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 09:46:31 AM »
"Our Away support, is much better than our Home support...but the former is going to be decimated next year."

alfi...do you mean "latter" rather than "former"?

There's no way I can see the away support being "decimated"...the away support has always been there and always will be...your following comments also seem to suggest it's the home support you think will be diminished...I think...I dunno...reading it again I wish I'd stayed in bed...

UTV!

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »
Bloody good article by the way Dave!

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 10:11:49 AM »
Nose or not, he is full of shit and needs banning if he won't stop turning each thread he posts on into a work of modern art with the fucking stupid fonts and colours.
Seconded. Wind-up merchant.

Offline peter w

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 10:49:32 AM »
I quite like him. I don't read his posts mind. The name looks good. You know? All Roman 'n shit.

Offline peter w

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2016, 10:56:32 AM »
Anyway leave Fred Titmus alone. He's clearly in his dotage (around 60 I'd imagine), is from either side of the Welsh border so can't decide whether to be proud or angry with his lot, has retired from work, probably likes crap films and stuff like the Moody blues. That sort of shit would scramble anyone's brains.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2016, 01:03:53 PM »
Yes...and David knew weeks ago.

I don't mind being an Aunt Sally amongst all the sycophants that have to praise David.

I don't mind being bumped off this forum...but only for good reasons. OK ?

Not Racism / Sexism / Homophobia ...David.

I just want to say what I believe..HONESTLY   BELIEVE.
OK.

David, imo, has sheltered in behind the praise of Villa Fans ...especially AWAY Fans.
David, to my knowledge knows much more than he explains or bloggs about.

Basically, he is a "captured" blogger.  ~ imo

Like many others, from Liverpool to Colchester (the latter ...who have an extraordinary membership...check them).... Top Bloggers get treats, leaks and nods and winks.
David in my opinion, has had these for a couple of years...hasn't mentioned them except in REAL retrospect. Keeps quiet. Keeps silent...now and again lets slip that he knew etc etc

So..going to the core...David knows a lot...BUT...don't post it.

That was my point.

Carry on knocking me...carry on praising David for treating us like groupies who accept anything.

But...Think On.... friends. :)

You are David Icke and I claim my £5.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2016, 01:34:43 PM »
Good article, Dave. I was abroad and didn't mind missing the match but I'm sorry I didn't experience the atmosphere, which sounds pretty special.

I also missed seeing my Geordie friend Dean, who I normally meet twice a year, at Newcastle and at the Barton's. Like many of you, I've got no time for the mass of Newcastle fans, with their ridiculous notion of their team's universal popularity. But Dean, and there are many like him, loves his team, and Newcastle is at the centre of his life, as Villa is at ours. His club, like ours, has been bedevilled by incompetent ownership and poor management for years and, like us, he feels frustrated and impotent as things go from bad to worse. Newcastle too have real fans and they're suffering at the moment.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2016, 01:54:47 PM »
"Our Away support, is much better than our Home support...but the former is going to be decimated next year."

alfi...do you mean "latter" rather than "former"?

There's no way I can see the away support being "decimated"...the away support has always been there and always will be...your following comments also seem to suggest it's the home support you think will be diminished...I think...I dunno...reading it again I wish I'd stayed in bed...

UTV!

The away support will be bigger in the Championship, so I assumed he meant home support.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2016, 02:04:47 PM »
I want a press release from Dave Woodhall letting us know the state of this supposed takeover.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2016, 02:14:19 PM »
Anyway leave Fred Titmus alone. He's clearly in his dotage (around 60 I'd imagine), is from either side of the Welsh border so can't decide whether to be proud or angry with his lot, has retired from work, probably likes crap films and stuff like the Moody blues. That sort of shit would scramble anyone's brains.

I can think of a few 60 give-or-take year olds who would be offended by the notion that they are at an age when senility sets in, and a few more who would be even more offended because that s the way it has worked out for them.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2016, 02:15:54 PM »
''Newcastle United’s board and Mike Ashley deserve to find themselves languishing in this situation; the fans most certainly do not.

They were magnificent at Villa Park, they will be magnificent on Sunday against Tottenham Hotspur, just like they have been magnificent all season.

When I came to the club, I fell in love with the area - but more particularly the supporters.

It sounds cliched, but it really isn’t. They’re just incredible''

Mick Quinn the obbesse 80's wrestler look a like's thoughts on the laughing stock Geordies on Saturday.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »

I can think of a few 60 give-or-take year olds who would be offended by the notion that they are at an age when senility sets in, and a few more who would be even more offended because that s the way it has worked out for them.

I agree! Not sure which category I'm in though.

*Dribbles down chin*

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2016, 02:36:36 PM »
I don't usually read anything posted by alfititmus, he has a distincyive style of posting which means it's easy to spot and scroll past.

So why did I bother reading his latest pile of nonsense?

I think the Archbishop is correct though, it's not the speedboat.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:32:48 PM by Chris Jameson »

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2016, 07:32:21 PM »
The mind boggles at the effort wasted on font changes etc. I'm not sure whether it's harder to write or read.

And just for clarity, I didn't mean the article.

Offline MorrisNielson

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2016, 09:19:54 PM »
I quite like him. I don't read his posts mind. The name looks good. You know? All Roman 'n shit.

I liked his name so much, I googled it. I wish I hadn't.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal