collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2016 Snooker  (Read 7528 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
2016 Snooker
« on: April 27, 2016, 10:55:08 PM »
Tournament building up nicely with a few favourites out, Higgins the latest.

Ding v McManus and Selby v Fu the semis.

McManus would be the best story but I'm a Ding fan and reckon it could be his year.

Sad bastard that I am, the World Snooker championship is probably my favourite annual sporting event. I get completely obsessed with it for seventeen days, love the longer matches.

Offline taylorsworkrate

Re: 2016 Snooker
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 10:58:30 PM »
Tournament building up nicely with a few favourites out, Higgins the latest.

Ding v McManus and Selby v Fu the semis.

McManus would be the best story but I'm a Ding fan and reckon it could be his year.

Sad bastard that I am, the World Snooker championship is probably my favourite annual sporting event. I get completely obsessed with it for seventeen days, love the longer matches.

There's something quite hypnotic about watching the world snooker championship.

The way the tension can build when the matches get close. Tonight was a prime example of that.

Would like Ding to win, but he's cracked a couple of times before. Hard to see past Selby who is unflappable.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 11:20:36 PM »
Went up to the Crucible for first time last year, loved it and did an overnighter this year with a night and morning session - was great we got seats with view of both tables and saw John Higgins/Ryan Day and Ronnie O'Sullivan/Dave Gilbert. Really good atmosphere and a couple of nice pubs around the Winter garden - the Graduate was open till 3am.

Selby's to lose now I reckon with John Higgins out although Ding will not have a better chance to win it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 11:22:52 PM »
I wasn't attending the snooker but was in the area that night. I think I might have been in The Graduate at one stage although I was quite drunk so not entirely sure!

richtheholtender

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 12:29:04 AM »
I really wanted Mitchell Mann to do well. He played in the same leagues as I did plus he is massive Villa fan. I started backing Selby when he went out but I do think it is Dings year. I don't think Hawkins will have a better chance than he did this year.

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 06:53:51 AM »
I really wanted Mitchell Mann to do well. He played in the same leagues as I did plus he is massive Villa fan. I started backing Selby when he went out but I do think it is Dings year. I don't think Hawkins will have a better chance than he did this year.

I caught the back end of Mann's match, I felt quite sorry for him, he played pretty appallingly.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 07:48:22 AM »
Went yesterday, great day. Tickets for next year go on sale on Monday. Well worth it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 12:10:28 PM »
I really wanted Mitchell Mann to do well. He played in the same leagues as I did plus he is massive Villa fan.

I was torn between supporting him because he's Brummie and cheering against him as I assumed he was a Bluenose (because he was on their books). Would've cheered for him wholeheartedly had I known that he was one of us.

Not that it would've done him much good. Probably the worst player in the tournament. Maybe nerves got the better of him and he's better than what he showed.

richtheholtender

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 11:31:49 AM »
Went yesterday, great day. Tickets for next year go on sale on Monday. Well worth it.

How do you go about getting them? Tried many times and never managed to get through. I have sent them emails as well with no response.

richtheholtender

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 11:34:31 AM »
I really wanted Mitchell Mann to do well. He played in the same leagues as I did plus he is massive Villa fan.

I was torn between supporting him because he's Brummie and cheering against him as I assumed he was a Bluenose (because he was on their books). Would've cheered for him wholeheartedly had I known that he was one of us.

Not that it would've done him much good. Probably the worst player in the tournament. Maybe nerves got the better of him and he's better than what he showed.

After the first shot he poured his water and his hands were shaking like a leaf then. I think he will be better for the experience, but how many times has that been said on here.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 08:41:32 PM »
Ding should have had a maximum just now nasty bounce when potting final red left awkward last black....shame
still he's 12-8 up so some consolation i suppose

richtheholtender

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 08:56:41 PM »
Massive frame when Ding went 10-8 up

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 09:08:13 AM »

How do you go about getting them? Tried many times and never managed to get through. I have sent them emails as well with no response.

Just go on the crucible's website. I bought mine in august and got ok-ish seats, but the earlier the better. Dead simple to do. About £35 a ticket for each session.

https://www.cruciblesnooker.com

richtheholtender

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 10:45:16 AM »

Just go on the crucible's website. I bought mine in august and got ok-ish seats, but the earlier the better. Dead simple to do. About £35 a ticket for each session.

https://www.cruciblesnooker.com

Thank you very much.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 11:04:24 AM »
Do they all sell out? Tempted to go but I'd rather know which match I'm paying for.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal