collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sob on the Tyne Part 2  (Read 39929 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Sob on the Tyne Part 2
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2016, 12:24:02 AM »
Our spot was bottom right, can't mind any Newcastle anywhere any year. We were told to expect Blues in the cup game in 93, this consisted of one bloke who climbed over the fence when he realised he was on his own.

It was early on in the season they first came up into the Premier League (93/94).

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 12:25:49 AM »
As for the game they will win obviously. Black is openly sending us out to lose at this point. Good luck to them I suppose. They spent in January and hired a good manager, if they stay up, fair enough.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 12:33:37 AM »
As for the game they will win obviously. Black is openly sending us out to lose at this point. Good luck to them I suppose. They spent in January and hired a good manager, if they stay up, fair enough.

Forget that.  I really hope we beat them or at least draw with them and bring them down with us.  It's the only grain of comfort we have left to look forward to this season.  They could be in big financial trouble if they go down. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 12:38:20 AM »
Another bit of responsible journalism.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-fans-desperate-hold-tickets-11253397#rlabs=2%20rt$sitewide%20p$5

The stuff about getting tickets in the home end is obviously shite. They'll have a handful of fans scattered around the home ends, as most clubs do. They'll be friends or colleagues of Villa fans and they'll have the common sense not to draw attention to themselves.

In terms of their allocation, I can't see any reason why we wouldn't give them more tickets though. We'd be going mad if it was the other way round. At a time of redundancy and porridge crowds I see no reason to prevent four or five thousand away fans attending in a match which doesn't count for anything as far as we are concerned.

Online The Man With A Stick

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 12:39:29 AM »
Wasn't the Coventry game the same one when big Cyrille scored after about 12 seconds?  Oh how I laughed.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 01:13:28 AM »

Forget that.  I really hope we beat them or at least draw with them and bring them down with us.  It's the only grain of comfort we have left to look forward to this season.  They could be in big financial trouble if they go down.

Oh I will think its hilarious if we drag them down (we wont as we have E.Black and our current players to guarantee that).

But in general I don't give a rats ass about Newcastle. I find some of their fans bizarre obsession with us pretty funny but as a rule they don't even make a blip on my radar. Certainly I dont regard them as "rivals" , I regard them as some club from the North East with a pretty funny youtuber who is a fan, thats kind of it.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2016, 03:27:24 AM »

In terms of their allocation, I can't see any reason why we wouldn't give them more tickets though. We'd be going mad if it was the other way round. At a time of redundancy and porridge crowds I see no reason to prevent four or five thousand away fans attending in a match which doesn't count for anything as far as we are concerned.

If we have given them the usual away allocation then surely upping it this close to the game will mean a lot of hassle moving home supporters about to accomodate them.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2016, 06:10:36 AM »
Wasn't the Coventry game the same one when big Cyrille scored after about 12 seconds?  Oh how I laughed.

I think it was. I was in the left side and I remember them running. Didn't know what had happened until now

Online luke95

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2016, 07:32:05 AM »
This would explain why seatwave prices are rather high.

Offline russon

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2016, 07:34:19 AM »
I can't stand all this 'Toon Army' guff, the media's rewriting of history about their massive loyal support. One of my first away games was at St James in a crowd of about 14k and when Mirandhina scored that scuffed penalty at our place a few years later it was celebrated by around 400 in the away end. Recent years have seen them pull in capacity crowds but I'd hold up clubs like Norwich and Southampton for special attention not Newcastle, they fill their grounds without the media ejaculating about their amazing support. NUFC are a kind of Ollbeeyun-lite, their fans think their club is all that when the truth lies on another planet.

Online walsall villain

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2016, 07:46:32 AM »

If we have given them the usual away allocation then surely upping it this close to the game will mean a lot of hassle moving home supporters about to accomodate them.
That's what I thought. Anyway surely we will have a mega rich new owner and a fantastic manager in place next week so thousands will be flocking to B6, well you can dream can't you?

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2016, 08:38:25 AM »
I can't stand all this 'Toon Army' guff, the media's rewriting of history about their massive loyal support. One of my first away games was at St James in a crowd of about 14k and when Mirandhina scored that scuffed penalty at our place a few years later it was celebrated by around 400 in the away end. Recent years have seen them pull in capacity crowds but I'd hold up clubs like Norwich and Southampton for special attention not Newcastle, they fill their grounds without the media ejaculating about their amazing support. NUFC are a kind of Ollbeeyun-lite, their fans think their club is all that when the truth lies on another planet.
Excellent

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2016, 08:43:25 AM »
If they do come in the Holte I reckon
A/ they won't be there long and
B/ it will be more entertaining that the match

Didn't they have a "firm" who called themselves The Gremlins? Says it all really. I know we are accused of being too serious and having no sense of humour by some but this lot take the biscuit...

Offline HolmesyVilla

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2016, 08:57:04 AM »

Didn't they have a "firm" who called themselves The Gremlins?

Is that because none of them can go near water the 'jubby jordies'

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2016, 09:02:39 AM »

have to disagree with you there russon
I have no problem with Newcastle or their fans outside of that they are another club I want to beat on the day
all clubs have gone through lower times of support in the past
 but the fact is they have been rubbish over a very long period of time, even when they looked like they might win something for the first time in decades they managed to mess it up, yet they still attract very big crowds,
there might well be a number of reasons for that and we have heard them all, but they still get a regular 50k at home to watch losing football on a long term basis

glory hunters they are not
if Man Utd had the same record as Newcastle over the last 40 years they would not be pullinh in 50k every week

I was at VP when they went down last time,
 and yes I laughed because thats what you do in football and I enjoyed it on the day
 but I actually have a great deal of respect for their fan base, they have had less than we have to cheer on over the last few years yet still they attend regardless

I reserve all my bile for the gloryhunting teams Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea
I live 40 miles north of London, there are gloryhunters all over town, hundreds of them, they do my head in
 I haven't met more than a handful of Newcastle fans and when I do they generally turn out to be ex pat geordies

I realise my views are my own and are not shared by many others on the site, but that's the way I roll

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal