collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sob on the Tyne Part 2  (Read 39938 times)

Offline peter w

Re: Sob on the Tyne Part 2
« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »
On both sides

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2016, 11:33:57 AM »
On both sides
I agree, our fans arguing with them in the comments section really don't do us any favours!

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2016, 11:57:01 AM »
Dunno if this has been posted elsewhere but as hinted at above, it seems that they really are "The Bitters" Mk II:

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/07/aston-villa-owner-admits-dream-many-fans-newcastle-tony-xia-newcastle-united/

Hello, Carol? It’s Alan. How are you? Me? I’m having a fantastic time, yeah. I’m having the best time since… sliced bread.

How’s Mr. Planet of the Apes man? Oh. Is he still driving that Renault Megane? Yeah? Can I just read you something from Top Gear magazine? No, it’s alright, I’ve got it here, I’ve got it here.

“With a mere ninety break-horse-power available, progress is too leisurely to be called fast, but on the motorway in fifth gear the Megane’s slow pace really becomes a pain. Uphill runs become power-sappingly mundane, while overtaking National Express coaches can become a long, drawn-out affair.” Not my words, Carol. The words of Top Gear magazine. Hello?

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2016, 01:34:23 PM »
I genuinely couldn't give a flying fuck about what Newcastle United fans think about the Villa. A one club city that has underachieved on a grand scale. The second city is enjoying a bit of a resurgence despite years of austerity. I think the investment in the club has come at the right time for us an we could see exciting times ahead in B6.

Offline Cliftonville Villain

« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2016, 01:59:45 PM »
It must be hard for supporters of a team who haven't won anything since the sixties, whose fanbase bring to mind fat, obese, semi-naked drunken morons, (and as for the men...), run by a spiv owner every bit as appaling as Lerner ever was. Delusion can be wonderful for the ignorant, but it's about time the Toon woke up...you're shit, it's all of your own doing, and you've no-one to blame but yourselves. We've known for five years that our team don't deserve our support, but we go in our thousands, home and away, with a quiet dignity you'll never know. You're more to be pitied.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2016, 05:01:21 PM »
It must be hard for supporters of a team who haven't won anything since the sixties, whose fanbase bring to mind fat, obese, semi-naked drunken morons, (and as for the men...), run by a spiv owner every bit as appaling as Lerner ever was. Delusion can be wonderful for the ignorant, but it's about time the Toon woke up...you're shit, it's all of your own doing, and you've no-one to blame but yourselves. We've known for five years that our team don't deserve our support, but we go in our thousands, home and away, with a quiet dignity you'll never know. You're more to be pitied.
I'll have to take you up on the comparison of Lerner and Ashley.

Lerner in the end was a disaster of an owner, but as a human being it appears that he's on a different planet to Ashley.

Offline Cliftonville Villain

« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2016, 05:25:22 PM »
I'll have to take you up on the comparison of Lerner and Ashley.

Lerner in the end was a disaster of an owner, but as a human being it appears that he's on a different planet to Ashley.

Granted.

Offline kippaxvilla2

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2016, 06:17:11 PM »
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-championship-teams-newcastle-united-11666921

I was just about to post that. Imagine being one of them trying to explain their hatred for a club 200 miles way . "But...but...but...they LAUGHED at us!!!111!!!"

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2016, 06:27:16 PM »
I'm finding this more and more bizarre by the day.  I genuinely have no feelings towards them whatsoever. 

The old days of being annoyed at their apparent sense of right of achievement have long gone because they seem to have realised they are as bad as us in recent times. 

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2016, 06:41:49 PM »
Fucking hell man, get over yourselves.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2016, 12:14:49 AM »
At the end of both recent articles posted above, I think a lot of comments reflect quite well on them. Credit where it's due.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal