collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 08:47:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:43:09 AM]

[Today at 08:38:11 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:34:31 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Gareth
[Today at 08:27:22 AM]

[Today at 08:26:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sob on the Tyne Part 2  (Read 39769 times)

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
Re: Sob on the Tyne Part 2
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 10:32:20 PM »
and don't forget it is Newcastle which is North East answer to Aston Villa.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 10:33:53 PM »
I'm still traumatised by the times Blues and Coventry had thousands in the Holte End.

Anybody thinking we will beat them needs to stop drinking and go to bed.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 10:42:08 PM »
Just trying to remember who scored the only goal of that game at Villa Park that sent them down. Oh of course - it was an own goal! All their own fault then.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 10:44:58 PM »
Just trying to remember who scored the only goal of that game at Villa Park that sent them down. Oh of course - it was an own goal! All their own fault then.
Damian Duff deflected a weak Gareth Barry shot.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 11:00:59 PM »
Newcastle asked us for more tickets but the club and WMP said no. Their fans are fuming  ;D

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 11:02:39 PM »
They'll be down when we play them.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 11:04:26 PM »
I want them down.

Yeah yeah I know they'd probably come straight back up but there's still two other promotion places in play. And we're currently a shambles atm with next to no chance of getting promoted so we need to sort ourselves out before declaring which other clubs should come down with us.

Surely given Norwich came straight back up last time they'd be as difficult as Newcastle coming down?

Anyway them getting relegated at VP again would be hilarious particularly how they hated us celebrating their demise last time.

In any case I think it would be a much better crowd than the last few weeks if only for the novelty that it could well be our last top flight home game for quite a few years. And also the last chance (hopefully) to shout abuse at likes of Lescott, Bacuna and Richards.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 11:07:28 PM »
I have a couple of friends who support Newcastle. I spoke to one of them a couple of weeks ago and he said at first a group of them were keen to go to Villa Park for their revenge but upon the realisation that there's a good chance they'll be relegated as well they couldn't think of anything worse!!

I suppose they've probably got their hopes up of surviving and are all a bit giddy now, following their recent results, with the way they're playing. I can see it turning pretty nasty on the day (I hope not). I remember some of their fans getting in the Holte once before down the bottom and it was full of kids. Many moons ago in the 90's.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 11:11:15 PM »
How quaint. Another set of Thousands in the Holte End away fans. Perhaps they can sit with the Small Heath fans that have been there since we beat them in the League Cup.

and Cov fans, they took the place over that time remember

Yep, remember it well.  Didn't even last until kick off and would have given Usain Bolt a run for his money the speed they got out of there.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 11:33:32 PM »
How quaint. Another set of Thousands in the Holte End away fans. Perhaps they can sit with the Small Heath fans that have been there since we beat them in the League Cup.

and Cov fans, they took the place over that time remember

Yep, remember it well.  Didn't even last until kick off and would have given Usain Bolt a run for his money the speed they got out of there.
I remember being caught in that, the stewards tried to surround them for their protection then all hell broke loose as one of the maggots unveiled a Cov flag - they proper shit themselves as the Holte End converged breaking the line of stewards then they ran like whippets on to the pitch and down the other end, bless :)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 11:43:02 PM »
The bottom right of the Holte at that time was the worst place they could have put them, we walked up from the Aston Tavern into the Holte, saw them and everyone just fired into them. A shame for the ones who had just taken Don Howes (?) advice and go in the home end, but little sympathy for the grinning train spotters who thought they were great by singing their song in our end.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 11:54:03 PM »
I'm torn on if I want them to stay up or not. If they come down they will share the burden of the bulk of the TV games, if they stay up we might have a better chance of getting the players we'd otherwise compete for. But on the whole, I couldn't give a monkeys about Newcastle United and find this new found rivalry more than a bit contrived.
Agree with this fake rivalry stuff, who cares?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 11:59:16 PM »
The bottom right of the Holte at that time was the worst place they could have put them, we walked up from the Aston Tavern into the Holte, saw them and everyone just fired into them. A shame for the ones who had just taken Don Howes (?) advice and go in the home end, but little sympathy for the grinning train spotters who thought they were great by singing their song in our end.

I remember I was sitting in the Witton Lane Stand with my Dad and my brother that game and before kick off, they booed our youth or maybe reserve team as they did a lap of honour with a trophy they had won.  I remember my Dad saying "they won't last long in there" and they didn't.  I remember everyone waving and laughing at them as they scarpered off.  There was a similar incident in that part of the Holte with some Newcastle fans a few years later, but that was a bit more serious and one of their fans ended getting seriously hurt if I recall correctly. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 12:00:59 AM by tomd2103 »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 12:06:02 AM »
Our spot was bottom right, can't mind any Newcastle anywhere any year. We were told to expect Blues in the cup game in 93, this consisted of one bloke who climbed over the fence when he realised he was on his own.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2016, 12:16:30 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal