collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans consultation group - updated  (Read 14660 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Fans consultation group - updated
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 05:40:27 PM »
Sounds good to me.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 05:52:50 PM »
It looks like a very short meeting.
What were the time constraints?

A football match.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 06:01:26 PM »
It's going to be an incredibly difficult timing act re the takeover and manager position.  A new owner will want to appoint their own man, who won't necessarily be the same as anybody Lerner and Hollis have in mind.  Appoint somebody too soon, and it may prejudice either the sale or the asking price.  Leave it too late, and if the takeover falls through, all the decent candidates will be taken and the possibility of pre-season being missed.

I wonder if Randy can fuck it up?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 06:03:20 PM »
It's going to be an incredibly difficult timing act re the takeover and manager position.  A new owner will want to appoint their own man, who won't necessarily be the same as anybody Lerner and Hollis have in mind.  Appoint somebody too soon, and it may prejudice either the sale or the asking price.  Leave it too late, and if the takeover falls through, all the decent candidates will be taken and the possibility of pre-season being missed.

I wonder if Randy can fuck it up?

If you want to complain about the current owner there are several other threads where your spleen can be vented away. Let's keep this one to the subject in hand.

Offline HolmesyVilla

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 06:18:29 PM »
Sounds very productive and a step in the right direction
I like #1 in that, as mentioned earlier, it seems to imply that either a manager or takeover will be announced first and each one can't happen without the other, cleared that agenda up for me.

Which leads me to #7, this one I like as it backs up what you mentioned regarding confidentallity earlier in your statement.

Much appreciated feedback on the mighty Villa so thanks.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 06:28:36 PM »
It's not perfect; nothing like this ever can be. But I do think it's an improvement on the old SCG, that started off with the best of intentions and ended up with an unwieldly, over-large number of attendees, many of whom were there for the sake of it or to push their own anecdotal hobby horse.

It's not representative, and there will be plenty who say that those involved don't speak for them. That's fine - we will if you want us to. PM me, e mail me,  grab hold of me down the match. If you've got something you want put forward at the next meeting (which will probably be in June) let me know.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 07:04:16 PM »
Seems like a solid group. One question, I don't think its breaking confidence but if you don't want to say thats fine. How did Hollis seem? In effect he is now the only onsite management the club has right now so his demeanour and temperament are pretty important.

In particular I suppose I am referencing how he talked about us coming back up. There is a difference between a man talking with confidence versus hope if you know what I mean.

Cheers!

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 07:06:17 PM »
Seems like a solid group. One question, I don't think its breaking confidence but if you don't want to say thats fine. How did Hollis seem? In effect he is now the only onsite management the club has right now so his demeanour and temperament are pretty important.

In particular I suppose I am referencing how he talked about us coming back up. There is a difference between a man talking with confidence versus hope if you know what I mean.

Cheers!

I wasn't there; you'll have to ask joe_c.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 07:15:23 PM »
will do. Cheers.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 07:35:33 PM »
Very much appreciate the info and update. This feels like a very positive step forward. Well done to all involved getting this started, thank you.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 07:45:58 PM »
Well done to all and the Club. Hopefully Hollis will recommend to the new owners what wonderful chaps you are and that it's a worthwhile exercise.

I'm hoping Joe_C can give a little more detail on Q7 and Sir Brian's ideas.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 07:53:16 PM »
Would like to known is the club in any discussions with potential managers obviously no names can be said but a few questions like gabby club captain and dressing room harmony would be addressed with a new manager

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 07:57:38 PM »
The new owner - if such exists - may already have the manager lined up.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 08:11:57 PM »
Many thanks for the summary.
Would be interesting g to know how Hollis took the snap resignations. Maybe rumours of inflated egos on behalf of B & K were not too wide of the mark.
It clearly has not impacted on Hollis Beviington or little

I do hope the new potential owner (s) don't leave it too late. We need to be stabilised on and off the field before returning after close seaskn6

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2016, 01:33:06 AM »
For what it's worth, Steve Hollis to me at least came across as refreshingly bullshit free compared to recent members of the senior management team. Certainly more at ease with things compared to the Supporters Trust AGM he attended shortly after his appointment, maybe due to the more low key ambience of the weekend's gathering compared to what was a fairly fractious atmosphere in January.

He opened up the meeting possibly only half jokingly that ideally it would have been cancelled coming on the back of the two boardroom departures earlier in the week but he engaged with all attendees with good humour throughout the hour or so and made no attempt to deflect attention away from the playing side in favour of more successful areas of the club's operations. Most importantly for me anyway was that he is under no illusions about the size of the task in hand and is undaunted by it as opposed to saying he is relishing a challenge that nobody wanted.

Can't add anything else to Brian's comments about dressing room unity etc I'm afraid though he did say it's not simply a matter of player attitudes and personality, the manager and how he deals with them is also a significant component and will be a major consideration in the appointment of our next manager.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal