collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: When does the Booing stop....  (Read 29671 times)

Online frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
Re: When does the Booing stop....
« Reply #255 on: May 01, 2016, 11:23:05 AM »
I actually think a lot of the players tried harder than usual this last game to be fair.

And were applauded off the pitch at the end - do you think they will work out the relationship between performance and fan reaction?
I've mentioned this in the post-match reports. In the recent past most of the players, with the odd exception such as Hutton, have slunk off without going anywhere near the Villa fans, but this time several came over and were deservedly applauded. Bunn, Gana and Hutton all threw their shirts to the fans and Lescott, who'd been jeered at the beginning, also came all the way down to our end and applauded the fans. The club's a mess, all three managers haven't been up to the job and the team isn't PL standard, but the supporters will still appreciate players who make an effort. If they put in the same effort next week I think the routine booing will stop.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:24:44 AM by frank »

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #256 on: May 01, 2016, 11:29:32 AM »
I actually think a lot of the players tried harder than usual this last game to be fair.

Fair dos. I didn't watch the game just saw the score. Do you think we might have started to turn a corner?

Play like that in the Championship and we'll do fine, as long as we don't put Bacuna in as a right sided centre half when down to 10 men again

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #257 on: May 01, 2016, 11:41:00 AM »
Bacuna will be playing for Atletico Madrid by then, so not our problem to worry about.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2016, 11:46:52 AM »
So are we going to witness history with a defeat at home to Newcastle on Saturday? Perhaps the booing stops to try and lift the team? We'll all be part of it so maybe we should get behind the team. I've been a fierce critic of Black and his selections but I don't want to say that I was there on this occasion!

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #259 on: May 01, 2016, 04:22:14 PM »
So are we going to witness history with a defeat at home to Newcastle on Saturday? Perhaps the booing stops to try and lift the team? We'll all be part of it so maybe we should get behind the team. I've been a fierce critic of Black and his selections but I don't want to say that I was there on this occasion!
I think they will be a different atmosphere against Newcastle, I think the fans have made their point over the last few games and will wan't to get behind the team in order to put a nail in Newcastle's coffin.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #260 on: May 01, 2016, 07:42:37 PM »

Fair dos. I didn't watch the game just saw the score. Do you think we might have started to turn a corner?

Dunno mate.We can hope better things will follow. It was welcome to see the effort though.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #261 on: May 01, 2016, 08:07:17 PM »
I'm wondering if it may've been because they're aware that they're about to be part of a team which creates a truly staggeringly unbelievable run of consecutive defeats for a club of some 140-odd years vintage, and unlike those associated with the occurrence of teams past being relegated who are granted the anonymity of time, their names will be forevermore etched in stone.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2016, 08:09:40 PM »
I suppose the booing will stop when the team stops losing every fucking week, for months on end!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal