collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 11 consecutive defeats?  (Read 6500 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: 11 consecutive defeats?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 11:55:04 AM »
This team is attrocious and have 16 points, 16, 3 wins all season, numerous records broken and you still have people claiming the summer signings were Ok and half the team are good players.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 11:57:37 AM »
This team is attrocious and have 16 points, 16, 3 wins all season, numerous records broken and you still have people claiming the summer signings were Ok and half the team are good players.

Agreed. The signings were absolute shit. The proof is in the pudding.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 11:58:34 AM »

Agreed. The signings were absolute shit. The proof is in the pudding.

Don't talk about Gabby like that.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 12:04:32 PM »
Take Scott Sinclair as an example of the whole clubs apathy. He's considered to be doing Ok right now on the basis that he's not doing anything to piss anyone off or offend. He stands there for most of the game, slightly moving backwards or forwards, day dreaming about playing on his phone when he gets back in the dressing room. He's shit. He's been retired for around 4 years now. A nothing player, another packet of crisps floating around the pitch, one of those paper aeroplanes is more likely to create a goal than him but he's back in the team again, doing his nothing thing.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 12:18:28 PM »
The worst ever team and squad in our club's history.
I'd be very happy if not one of them ever played for Aston Villa again.
And one Mr Rielly is still here?...........

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 12:21:04 PM »
Lose to Newcastle last home game & we'll have been beaten by every team in the league in a single season. Never happened before.

On the bright side, if we can somehow avoid defeat against the fat crying stripey man-children, they will have been the only team to fail to beat us AND the only team to fail to beat that even worse Derby side (also the only side to lose to them).

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 12:35:00 PM »
Newcastle will win comfortably at Villa Park.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2016, 12:37:09 PM »
I was only a kid when we lost those 11 games back in 1963 but can remember it fairly well. Never in all my wildest nightmares did i dream i would ever witness i would ever see us beat it,which i expect us to do quite comfortably by the end of the season .

Offline levico

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2016, 12:50:46 PM »
I would be absolutely amazed if we didn't lose the remaining three games.

My concern is this losing momentum may carry on into next season. Admitted, much could happen in the summer but I have no confidence in the club making the right decisions and I very much doubt talks about an imminent takeover.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2016, 12:54:27 PM »
I would be absolutely amazed if we didn't lose the remaining three games.

My concern is this losing momentum may carry on into next season. Admitted, much could happen in the summer but I have no confidence in the club making the right decisions and I very much doubt talks about an imminent takeover.

It's more likely that nothing major will happen in the summer. There won't be a big influx and outflow of players. There wont be another complete reshaping of our terrible scouting system. There won't be significant additions to the board to get some know how in to running this circus and there wont be a manager of any note coming in with a strong enough personality to deal with this mother of all fuck ups. Lerner won't be able to sell the mess he's created and we will continue stumbling along like a piss head version of a football club self harming without realising it.

Sounds really negative and it is, but to me it's much more likely than suddenly things changing 180 degrees out of the blue.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 03:45:28 PM »
Dear Deidre,

Please help!! There are people on this site that are not being very complimentary to Mr Black. They obviously do not understand that he has 35 years of experience in football. I myself have many more years experience than Mr Black and think the teams he puts out are fantastic and so motivated, to the opposition that is!! How many managers do you know that are likely to lose every single game they have been in charge of and, yet, people on here just do not realise that this is an almost impossible feat to achieve and, Mr Black now only has another 3 matches to lose to attain this magnificent record. Also us same people are not listening to his other words of wisdom which, roughly translated, said, he has 35 years experience and so, every one else, the football commentators, sports press and us fans don't know anything about picking a team so should leave it to him as he's the expert!!
Please Deidre, put us wank..s right regarding what a truly marvellous person Mr Black is when picking his team!!
Disgusted with our fans from Halesowen!!

Offline ronshirt

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 06:12:22 PM »
I think we'll lose all three. Some of the players seem to be engaged in a competition to see how badly they can play and still get picked.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 06:33:57 PM »
Like most, I think we'll be looking at 13 consecutive defeats by the season end.

I just hope the run stops rather quickly come August....

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 07:41:46 PM »
Part of me hopes we lose the next two games just so this barrel of pricks gets the record.  Not sure which Villa team holds it at present, but I'm sure they put more effort in than these jokers.  They don't deserve not to go down in the record books.

Offline russon

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2016, 07:47:41 PM »
I was furious when we lost out to Bradford and Doncaster so atrociously, little did I know that these were the glory days compared to this.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal