collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ray Wilkins on Talk Sport  (Read 25318 times)

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
Re: Ray Wilkins on Talk Sport
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 09:14:58 PM »
think this all a bit  harsh on Wilkins and Sherwood. 

Sherwood got us out of a hole last season and had his hands tied transfer wise.  Coupled with players bombing out of the club at short notice not a lot he could do other than  pander to the likes of fat Gabby.

As for Wilkins who actually knows  his influence on the training pitch and the club.

Give me them two over the Frenchman any day.
Really? The French man who saw the piss poor attitudes of the highly paid wankers and tried to change it. 

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 09:15:42 PM »
I think a lot of what has come out in recent weeks shows that the tail has been wagging the dog for quite some time.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 09:16:08 PM »
They should have been fining Gabby a weeks wages every time he turned up on a Monday unfit for purpose. Instead of being so weak that they let him get away with it.

That part I do agree with 100%

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 09:17:25 PM »
Another bitter ex
I've handled plenty of those.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 09:19:34 PM »
Meh!

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 09:30:08 PM »
Useless brown nose, Chelsea twat. Fuck off.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 09:43:43 PM »
Useless brown nose, Chelsea twat. Fuck off.

Not a fan then?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 09:53:58 PM »
Always be cautious when a person addresses another with the word 'matey'

100% this. It's a massive warning sign for me.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 09:57:03 PM »
Always be cautious when a person addresses another with the word 'matey'

100% this. It's a massive warning sign for me.
Never trust a man in a dressing gown.

Offline supertom

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 10:04:18 PM »
If anything the last couple of number 2's seemed to make us worse rather than helping us progress. Sherwood was horrendous with Wilkins on his team.
Garde's side seemed to get progressively shitter after Black joined.

Number 2's is the right way to describe them.

As for the Green thing. Wilkins sees these press stories about Arsenal being interested. Then claims he and Timmy could see the promise and no doubt he and Sherwood would claim some credit in the event an unlikely transfer did happen.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 10:07:29 PM »

Sherwood got us out of a hole last season and had his hands tied transfer wise.  Coupled with players bombing out of the club at short notice not a lot he could do other than  pander to the likes of fat Gabby.

As for Wilkins who actually knows  his influence on the training pitch and the club.

Sorry - he had his hands tied transferwise?

He personally chose Richards, Gestede and Lescott. That's right - he thought Rudy Gestede was worth £5 million. And was in the press taking credit for the signings of Traore and Veretout - been tracking them for years apparently.

Who knows Wilkins' influence over the training pitch and club? Anyone who has watched Villa this season. He had no influence.
Spot on  let's not forget who brought those three in. I want to weep when anyone mentions Gestede and 5 million in the same sentence. Surely the worst business ever ??

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2016, 10:21:33 PM »
If Wilkins and Sherwood thought so much of Green then howcome he didn't get a fucking look in?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2016, 10:22:58 PM »

He personally chose Richards, Gestede and Lescott. That's right - he thought Rudy Gestede was worth £5 million. And was in the press taking credit for the signings of Traore and Veretout - been tracking them for years apparently.

Who knows Wilkins' influence over the training pitch and club? Anyone who has watched Villa this season. He had no influence.
Spot on  let's not forget who brought those three in. I want to weep when anyone mentions Gestede and 5 million in the same sentence. Surely the worst business ever ??

I think it was more than 5m.

And that whole "yeah but Tim never wanted the French players" line is based on a misconception that they're the players who have let us down, rather than the likes of that fat ****** Agbonlahor, Lescott the pocket tweeter and Richards the useless fucking lump.

Those are the players most responsible for our demise, not the likes of Amavi, Ayew, Gana, Veretout.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 10:26:47 PM »

Yep.

Just for an added spot of misery, his quotes on his signings

On Richards
"I'm really pleased to get Micah on board and I'm sure he will prove to be an excellent signing for the football club. Micah is a winner. He helped Manchester City win their first Premier League title in 44 years, has won the FA Cup and has played in the Champions League.

On Gestede
"I've known about Rudy since he was at Cardiff and he is a player I've always admired," said Sherwood. "His goalscoring ratio last season was fantastic and he is someone who certainly knows how to find the back of the net."

On the players that he was 'forced to sign'
Traore -
He's someone I have been tracking for a long time. He's physically a man - and he has been for some time.
Gueye -
"I'm really pleased to have brought Idrissa on board. He's been one of the best young midfielders in France for the last few seasons and there were a lot of teams trying to sign him this summer.
Amavi -
"It’s someone we’ve been tracking for a long time."
Crespo -
"José is a player who has been on our radar for some time and we’re really pleased to secure his signature"
Ayew -
“I’m really pleased to bring Jordan to the football club. He is a fantastic young player who is perfectly suited to the Premier League.”

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2016, 10:51:06 PM »
Did Tim choose players or did Reilly? .Did Butch coach or eat donuts in the canteen?

These are questions we will never know the answers to and frankly given the chaos revealed at our club in the past few days ut probably doesn't matter.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal