collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: open letter from Steve Hollis  (Read 21678 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: open letter from steve holis
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 03:25:26 PM »
Good letter and for me the most important line is "The search for a new manager to provide drive, direction and immediate promotion has commenced."

No surprise with so many money men on the board they realise the importance of an immediate return to the PL. With so much money about to flood the PL, it's going to be difficult enough for promoted teams to survive in 2017/18 nevermind 2018/19.

Offline conman

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2016, 03:29:52 PM »
Good letter and for me the most important line is "The search for a new manager to provide drive, direction and immediate promotion has commenced."

No surprise with so many money men on the board they realise the importance of an immediate return to the PL. With so much money about to flood the PL, it's going to be difficult enough for promoted teams to survive in 2017/18 nevermind 2018/19.
yes it looks like the new manager will have to have got a club promotion to the premier league on his CV , that seems to be the compulsary  criteria for the job and getting Preston to the play offs is not good enough

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2016, 03:34:59 PM »
I don't think it means that at all. The Preston days for Moyes were a long time ago, the fact he has managed and performed well at a club a similar size to Villa without having the ill discipline to have his son fart in a prostitutes face during a promotional tour of the owners homeland on video, or offer out his own fans, or drive a wedge between himself and the media by acting like an utter cocksocket.

Moyes is the outstanding candidate if they can get him. Bevington tweeted today, and during the Liverpool game the other night about the importance of the connect between the team and their fans. Pearson would immediately split the fans down the middle.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2016, 03:39:34 PM »
If we sign Moyes or even Pearson that was a sincere and well intentioned letter because it will involve substantial expense.  If it is the cheap option of a Mick McCarthy or Warnock we will know it was just a letter, nothing more.  In short I want action from the board, not words.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2016, 03:41:22 PM »
If we sign Moyes or even Pearson that was a sincere and well intentioned letter because it will involve substantial expense.  If it is the cheap option of a Mick McCarthy or Warnock we will know it was just a letter, nothing more.  In short I want action from the board, not words.

Brian if we employee Warnock I will take a first class flight over to where you are and buy you a slap up dinner.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2016, 03:41:51 PM »
I appreciate the gesture from Mr Hollis.  I hope they choose the right Manager, I can't help thinking they want Steve Bruce, can't explain why though. Massive decision to make for the board which may show us how serious they are and whether this letter carries validity. We certainly seem to have moved in the right direction, off the pitch. But time for them to show us.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2016, 03:49:14 PM »
I think it's a good statement.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2016, 03:50:41 PM »
I'd like to see what the real culprit has to say.

Damn shunammites, never there when the you know what hits the fan.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2016, 03:53:37 PM »
He's just repeated what we've been saying for ages. We're shit and we need to get a manager who will get us straight back up. I can't give him credit for stating the obvious - and even then he didn't express sympathy for those who lost their jobs because of the shortcomings of others. A meaningless communication. Has Lerner got nothing to say for himself , the twat.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2016, 03:57:46 PM »
Nice gesture TV.  Much appreciated.  The present Mrs Green and I may be going to that Toronto so if it is Warnock we might stay.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2016, 04:02:51 PM »
I can't give him credit for stating the obvious -

That's how I feel about everything that has happened at board level too. Why did it take relegation for them to bring in football people? For years and years they dismissed the clamour for football expertise. Lerner truly deserves this. The fans don't.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2016, 04:04:15 PM »
I think it's a good statement.

I agree. He didnt have to make a statement but he has chosen his words carefully. I would suggest the search for a suitable manager "commenced" some time ago. If its Moyes that will be acceptable. If its Pearson and he sorts out the troublemakers and gets us winning that too will be acceptable. If its Southgate well I dont know. I think Brian Little's input from outside the board could be very important. We shouldn't have to wait too long now its all over.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 04:06:00 PM by Ron Manager »

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2016, 04:06:17 PM »
I appreciated the letter and the timing of the communication.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2016, 04:10:31 PM »
Nice gesture TV.  Much appreciated.  The present Mrs Green and I may be going to that Toronto so if it is Warnock we might stay.

Well Brian, I absolutely insist we meet up if you do come out here. Toronto is a wonderful place.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2016, 04:13:07 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal