collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: open letter from Steve Hollis  (Read 21710 times)

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
Re: open letter from steve holis
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 02:31:52 PM »
At least he didn't start the letter with "Dear Customers"! A good open letter. Be good if Lerner followed suit...

I don't think he should.

Hollis is running the business now and speaks on behalf of the club.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 02:32:37 PM »
Fair enough, it's a well-written and honest letter, and there's not a lot else he could say. But the problems go back years and are the result of picking bad managers and investing in players badly or insufficiently. Now the board can do something about the manager to a certain extent, buf if the funds aren't available then things aren't going to improve. 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 02:37:30 PM »
At least he didn't start the letter with "Dear Customers"! A good open letter. Be good if Lerner followed suit...

I don't think he should.

Hollis is running the business now and speaks on behalf of the club.

Completely agree. If Lerner commented people would naturally jump all over it and more damaging would be the impression it would give that he's still fully in charge. Hollis has gone to great lengths to suggest that we actually have a working board and Lerner is a director as part of decision process. It's important that he is the voice of the club and not Lerner.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 02:38:12 PM »
That makes everything alright then

Pick your toys up! He has to start somewhere.

This is exactly what I want to hear. For too long, the club have had poor and Ill judged communication with the fans, this statement is on the money both with timing and in content. I don't want an apology, I don't want them attributing blame to those that have moved on. I don't want management pr guff and I certainly don't want to hear about false fucking narratives.
I want to hear that the man in charge is not hiding away and is acknowledging the reasons we are where we are. More importantly, I want to know that he is going to do something about it

Offline kieron

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 02:40:45 PM »
Given he's self-admittedly "not a football man", I think he's written something completely on the level and more importantly, believable - at least for now.

The proof, of course, will be in the pudding over the coming weeks. His statement almost makes the decision on the next managerial appointment even more important, like it could affect his own credibility. Fuck that decision up, and his statement means nothing.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 02:42:16 PM »
It's a decent enough letter. Although it should be as he's had months to draft it. /baddumtish

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 02:42:24 PM »
He's had  long enough to compose it.  Means nothing really.

Actions  is what we want and need.

I think it would take a miracle on biblical proportions to see us promoted next season but that's  my opinion.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2016, 02:42:45 PM »

This is exactly what I want to hear. For too long, the club have had poor and Ill judged communication with the fans, this statement is on the money both with timing and in content. I don't want an apology, I don't want them attributing blame to those that have moved on. I don't want management pr guff and I certainly don't want to hear about false fucking narratives.
I want to hear that the man in charge is not hiding away and is acknowledging the reasons we are where we are. More importantly, I want to know that he is going to do something about it
Its what I wanted to hear too,but theres a hell of a long way to go

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 02:42:56 PM »

No, it doesn't but that was not the intention of it.  It is an acknowledgement of serious issues at the Club.  The last thing the fans wanted was a Lambert type "we played very well".

But from a man, who is paid by the most serious issue at the Club. Wished he'd not said anything to be honest. All I'm interested in is a sale - until then, there will be no recrovery

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2016, 02:43:55 PM »

It's what you wanted to hear but your first thought was to slag him off for making it.

Can't win with you really, can he?

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 02:47:30 PM »
As open letters go that's one of them

Offline Godfrey Brian

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016, 03:02:03 PM »
It's an acknowledgment I appreciate. It's better than silence and doesn't go over the top. The board's actions will now determine the strength of recovery but this is a start.l anticipate that there has been stuff going on confidentially and we'll now begin to see the initial results of this as relegation is confirmed.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 03:05:48 PM »

It's what you wanted to hear but your first thought was to slag him off for making it.

Can't win with you really, can he?
What I am trying to say is "talks cheap,beer costs money"

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 03:11:37 PM »
I don't believe that my "profound sadness is shared by everyone connected with the club". I don't think the players give a shit about anything other than themselves. Write me another letter when Lerner's fucked off please.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 03:24:33 PM »
Fair enough, not much more he can say and at least its comprehensible unlike some of the previous scribes from the owner.

Now we need action.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal