collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Watching Villa next season  (Read 8734 times)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
Re: Watching Villa next season
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2016, 06:23:43 PM »
Maybe AVTV will broadcast all the full games afterwards. Just like they could have done in the Premier League but chose not to.

Nah.

I don't understand this, either. When all games in the top two divisions are filmed for television, why a) are they not made available to the clubs to show live? and, b) does our club not at least show them after they've finished? It would be (yet) another revenue stream and greatly reduce the need for dodgy streams. I know the answer is "it's a rights issue", but surely that could be overcome in a heartbeat, if there was enough money involved?

FYI they ARE available for clubs who care about showing the full games to their fans. Chelsea and Man City for example show every game in full on their sites 24 hours after the game. Even Aston Villa games are available in full here in the USA on Spanish TV using the same footage AVTV does. There is no rights limit. Just our club doesn't think its worth the effort to do it.

Sadly I assume they will continue with the "not worth us bothering" philosophy in the Championship. Pretty annoying when that footage is there available to them and ready to use.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2016, 06:40:29 PM »
Maybe AVTV will broadcast all the full games afterwards. Just like they could have done in the Premier League but chose not to.

Nah.

I don't understand this, either. When all games in the top two divisions are filmed for television, why a) are they not made available to the clubs to show live? and, b) does our club not at least show them after they've finished? It would be (yet) another revenue stream and greatly reduce the need for dodgy streams. I know the answer is "it's a rights issue", but surely that could be overcome in a heartbeat, if there was enough money involved?

FYI they ARE available for clubs who care about showing the full games to their fans. Chelsea and Man City for example show every game in full on their sites 24 hours after the game. Even Aston Villa games are available in full here in the USA on Spanish TV using the same footage AVTV does. There is no rights limit. Just our club doesn't think its worth the effort to do it.

Sadly I assume they will continue with the "not worth us bothering" philosophy in the Championship. Pretty annoying when that footage is there available to them and ready to use.

If they simply choose not to do it, that's extraordinary behaviour!

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2016, 06:47:39 PM »

Nah.

If they simply choose not to do it, that's extraordinary behaviour!

Here you go. I have watched the games in full when we lose them. here is Chelsea's.

http://www.chelseafc.com/videos/about-chelsea-tv.html

"- Full match replays and extended highlights of every game"

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2016, 07:41:57 PM »
Is there any online resource that tells you for all the broadcasting rights up for tender which companies in which countries own them?

This?

Thanks! Sportdigital is the German company. I can get them on cable so maybe next season I can watch Die Eston Willa Birminghams on a real TV.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal