collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 11:41:17 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 11:40:35 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 11:26:04 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:24:59 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 11:01:23 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Watching Villa next season  (Read 8755 times)

Offline supertom

Re: Watching Villa next season
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 10:27:36 PM »
I'm subscribing to Bein Sports. they have live Championship games and a pretty comprehensive Championship package for what I can tell. I also get Spanish football in that. Means I'll watch a lot less PL football, which is a plus for a year*

* I hope

That begs another question, will we all bother watching the prem as we have no interest? I will but not so much
I'll only watch if teams like Leicester continue to upset the order.
If it ends up returning to a same old, same old top four shitting all over the rest I probably won't bother. And as far as comical falls from grace I can't see a selection of big clubs falling through the trap door like this season. It'll likely be normal service next season with smaller clubs or promoted clubs fighting the drop and eventually falling.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:29:42 PM by supertom »

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2016, 10:36:06 PM »
You'll just have to walk round with your fingers in your ears and avoid the scores until the end of season Cine film and LP come out.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 02:06:34 AM »
I'm subscribing to Bein Sports. they have live Championship games and a pretty comprehensive Championship package for what I can tell. I also get Spanish football in that. Means I'll watch a lot less PL football, which is a plus for a year*

* I hope

That begs another question, will we all bother watching the prem as we have no interest? I will but not so much

I just don't have the time personally, so I will only make the point to watch us. I'll watch the PL if by some miracle I happen across it but I won't go looking for it if that makes sense

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 05:38:38 AM »
Maybe AVTV will broadcast all the full games afterwards. Just like they could have done in the Premier League but chose not to.

Nah.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2016, 06:57:04 AM »

* I hope

Make that two of us. They seem to show a few Championship games every week so looks like the best bet from here.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2016, 07:36:36 AM »
With the big teams in Division 2 there might be a bit more interest. Us and the two north east clubs both have big followings, add that to leeds, sheff wed, wolves. Those 6 alone will have bugger gates than a number if premier league teams.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2016, 07:43:50 AM »
Will hopefully be a lot less painful that it has been over the previous 5 - but don't bet on it........

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2016, 08:38:30 AM »
With the big teams in Division 2 there might be a bit more interest. Us and the two north east clubs both have big followings, add that to leeds, sheff wed, wolves. Those 6 alone will have bugger gates than a number if premier league teams.

Remind me not to use those gates  ;)

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2016, 09:09:57 AM »
Maybe AVTV will broadcast all the full games afterwards. Just like they could have done in the Premier League but chose not to.

Nah.

I don't understand this, either. When all games in the top two divisions are filmed for television, why a) are they not made available to the clubs to show live? and, b) does our club not at least show them after they've finished? It would be (yet) another revenue stream and greatly reduce the need for dodgy streams. I know the answer is "it's a rights issue", but surely that could be overcome in a heartbeat, if there was enough money involved?

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2016, 11:36:13 AM »
A relative hasn't had a season ticket for a few years, family commitments etc. For some strange reason he's actually excited about next season and will get a ST.

if the club cut them to £200 to fill the ground and did deals for kids as well, i think a lot of people would be tempted to come back.

whether the club can see that far ahead, given it's been one PR disaster after another with the fans in recent years, is another thing...

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2016, 11:47:50 AM »

Remind me not to use those gates  ;)

'S OK, it's New Zealand for 'bigger' :)

As for the main topic, us loyal dedicated dodgy 3pm Saturday stream users abroad will be s.o.l next season and will probably only be able to see the games that are also on UK telly.

There used to be an obscure channel here in Germany that showed the Championship but I don't believe it does any more, and I can't remember its name any more either.

Is there any online resource that tells you for all the broadcasting rights up for tender which companies in which countries own them?

And after the revolution "rights restrictions" will be first against the wall.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2016, 12:01:23 PM »
Is there any online resource that tells you for all the broadcasting rights up for tender which companies in which countries own them?

This?

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2016, 02:27:11 PM »
beIN Sports is not available here, only in Middle East, Africa, USA, Canada, France, Australia & Spain as far as I can make out.
Very rare to see Championship games streamed from the usual sites 

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2016, 02:31:24 PM »
Make that two of us. They seem to show a few Championship games every week so looks like the best bet from here.

They do a pretty decent job too, especially when Terri Leigh is on...and Ray Hudson is fun to listen to.

Offline Rupert

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2016, 02:42:08 PM »
now that i,ve come terms with fact that we are down,i,m looking forward to next season and will get a s.t for the first time in 5 years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal