collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why Are WE Hated ?  (Read 16583 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Why Are WE Hated ?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 02:26:35 PM »
Chim, chimney
Chim, chimney
Chim, chim, cher-oo

We are the bastards in Claret and Blue.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2016, 02:33:02 PM »
It varies from club to club.

All it took for Newcastle was a daft banner, as mentioned earlier. I thought it was a bit shit at the time, but it really seems to have gotten to them, the oddballs.

Everton do seem to genuinely despise us. I think a big part of that was the green eyed monster, when we had money early in the RL era, and looked like we would take their god-given right to be pushing for the CL.  I don't recall them being as bitter before, but older fans do mention the League Cup in the 1970s as the jumping off point.

Sunderland -who on the whole- tend to be some of the better fans in the league, have had a bee in their bonnet ever since Darren Bent ditched them in 2011. They genuinely couldn't understand why a bigger club that had been pushing towards the upper end of the table for a number of years previously might have been a more attractive option than a yo yo club marooned up in a city that makes Chernobyl look plush.

Norwich= Lambert.

Leicester= Brian Little

The rest would probably be largely indifferent to us, save for the fact that for the past five years we have acted like Southampton and Cov in the 80s and 90s -doing just enough to stay up and boring everyone into submission in the process.  Liverpool and Citeh fans do seem to have a bit of time for us, weirdly. In Citeh's case, it might be in a 'There but for the grace of God go I' way.

Our local neighbours don't count. And most of them can't count. Trophies or anything else.  Wolves and Forest seem to be a bit less rabid, because they actually seem to have pride in their own clubs' achievements.

I've seen it mentioned in a few places that we are delusional, and that we don't count as a big club because of our success pre WW2.

It's an odd sort of logic, but even if we follow that train of thought, we have still won, the FA Cup, the league, the European Cup, European Super Cup and League Cup five times since then. How many 'nothing' clubs have won nine major trophies from that period to this? Since football was invented in 1992, we've finished 2nd and 4th, and had a number of consistent top six finishes, plus won two league cups. That's a record not dissimilar to those fashionable North London titans Tottingham.

I'm always delighted to know that Keown OG, Ian Wright and the rest still hold us in such high regard, but our record is still infinitely better than most of the dross in the top flight - even if you amputate the Victorian era from our history (and why would you honestly want to do that).  So fuck'em.  Fuck' em all.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:35:27 PM by KevinGage »

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 03:16:14 PM »
When beggars die, there are no comets seen...
The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2016, 03:44:13 PM »
They hate us because they want to be us

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 04:46:55 PM »
As said before if the shoe was on the other foot and a big team, that had always played in the premier  league, were relegated, we would love it. We are Aston Villa and us getting relegated is news.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2016, 05:15:46 PM »
I've spent the past 2/3 days, using my breaks, to scour other club forums.
About any reference to us, because a couple of work colleagues seem to think we are the
laughing stock of football. They ain't noses nor dogheads no idea who they support.
In fact I don't think they've ever been to any match in 10 years -
-perhaps they don't like me ?  :D

Anyway...... we are referenced on every bloody forum I've found so far.
Man U to Sheffield  U even.
Hartlepool and even Stevenage and Nuneaton.

And all of the cr@p I've seen is pick-ups from our sites. Records under Lambert, records about to be broken etc. All bad, and all with "jolly jape" comments by the clever supporters of BIG  clubs like the Dogheads.

I accept that we are a figure of fun to others, and one blouse forum is running a stupid thread about our demise that almost equals villa threads about their demise.
Perhaps it's time to make friends and break bread as they say ?  :D

It is about the "Hate" i'm concerned about.
Not just the petty jibes from our nearest rivals, but the viscious repitition of stats other fans have picked up-  from our own forums. JEEZ

I never realised we were hated

But, like Man Utd years ago we seem to have more people hate us than pity us.

At best I would have thought that we would always be a mid-table side that now and again picked up a fan or two who stuck with  us, and grew slowly.Globally.

I hate to say this, but the most common jibe / insult /comment I've read so far
--- is about us. The "fans"

We are supposed to be living in 'Victorian times' or living in the past.
We expect to be top-table because of our history

We have an owner who has sunk -  and may never recover - over £300 million in our club, and we HATE HIM.

So we, the fans who protest against him are the actual figures of fun.
The reason why we seem to be hated by other fans.

I would suggest,if you are as suicidal as I was, to use a search engine and trawl other forums.
Forget our locals - just go further afield, and see that we are hated.

WHY For Goodnss Sake ?

Dunno. Don't care. You wanna get out more.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 05:20:24 PM »
I don't believe we are hated

sad really I wish we were good enough to be hated by everyone,
but apart from local rivalries I don't think most other clubs fans give a shit about us

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2016, 05:34:21 PM »
They hate us more than they love their own club - and that's the difference between us.
I asked my blue nose pal  "what makes you happier. A blues win or a villa loss?" He replied "I don't care what happens to blues so long as villa lose"
In a nutshell really. Sad bastards.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2016, 05:42:44 PM »

All it took for Newcastle was a daft banner, as mentioned earlier. I thought it was a bit shit at the time, but it really seems to have gotten to them, the oddballs.

Everton do seem to genuinely despise us. I think a big part of that was the green eyed monster, when we had money early in the RL era, and looked like we would take their god-given right to be pushing for the CL.  I don't recall them being as bitter before, but older fans do mention the League Cup in the 1970s as the jumping off point.

Sunderland -who on the whole- tend to be some of the better fans in the league, have had a bee in their bonnet ever since Darren Bent ditched them in 2011. They genuinely couldn't understand why a bigger club that had been pushing towards the upper end of the table for a number of years previously might have been a more attractive option than a yo yo club marooned up in a city that makes Chernobyl look plush.

Norwich= Lambert.

Leicester= Brian Little

The rest would probably be largely indifferent to us, save for the fact that for the past five years we have acted like Southampton and Cov in the 80s and 90s -doing just enough to stay up and boring everyone into submission in the process.  Liverpool and Citeh fans do seem to have a bit of time for us, weirdly. In Citeh's case, it might be in a 'There but for the grace of God go I' way.

Our local neighbours don't count. And most of them can't count. Trophies or anything else.  Wolves and Forest seem to be a bit less rabid, because they actually seem to have pride in their own clubs' achievements.

I've seen it mentioned in a few places that we are delusional, and that we don't count as a big club because of our success pre WW2.

It's an odd sort of logic, but even if we follow that train of thought, we have still won, the FA Cup, the league, the European Cup, European Super Cup and League Cup five times since then. How many 'nothing' clubs have won nine major trophies from that period to this? Since football was invented in 1992, we've finished 2nd and 4th, and had a number of consistent top six finishes, plus won two league cups. That's a record not dissimilar to those fashionable North London titans Tottingham.

I'm always delighted to know that Keown OG, Ian Wright and the rest still hold us in such high regard, but our record is still infinitely better than most of the dross in the top flight - even if you amputate the Victorian era from our history (and why would you honestly want to do that).  So fuck'em.  Fuck' em all.

*Applause*

Abso-feckin'-lutely.

And the largest audible chant I heard in the Leicester v Newcastle game recently was those friendly foxes chanting ''Down with the Villa! You're going down with the Villa'' to the Barcodes.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2016, 06:08:52 PM »

Norwich= Lambert.

Leicester= Brian Little

Well said mateThat's spot on.
I was working with a spurs fan regularly a few years back and had some right ding dongs with him. He was utterly convinced that spurs were huge compared to little old villa from up north. Even though I told him that we were England's 4th most successful club ever, bigger ground, higher attendances throughout history,provided more England players than any other club, won the European Cup, founder membets, etc etc. There is no comparison between the two clubs where they come on top. But no. He just would not have it. He said being in London made them more high profile than us therefore they are bigger! I pointed out that by this logic Leyton Orient are a bigger club than villa. Biased cockney twats the lot of em. 

Offline SirSteveUK

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2016, 07:07:40 PM »
When beggars die, there are no comets seen...
The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes.
Chim, chimney
Chim, chimney
Chim, chim, cher-oo

We are the bastards in Claret and Blue.

I love them both  8)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2016, 08:44:59 PM »
To answer a couple of your questions.

It's not hard to imagine that's the case.

They probably read one of your posts.

Offline django

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2016, 09:12:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's cos we're shit. That's why I hate us anyway.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2016, 09:16:42 PM »
Meh. 

Offline russon

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2016, 09:23:16 PM »
A lot of the noise being generated by our demise is effectively a back-handed compliment because its a genuine story that a club like us is imploding in full view of everyone. When a `Boro or Norwich get relegated its not big news but a club of our size and stature is another matter. The Germans have a word for it - schadenfreude - which apparently translates as revelling in someone else's discomfort, we just have to live with it - cos it aint gonna change anytime soon.
Well put, spot on

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal