collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why Are WE Hated ?  (Read 16504 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Why Are WE Hated ?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 09:46:44 AM »
The time to worry would have been had we got relegated and nobody batted an eyelid.

That has totally not been the case - there has been huge amounts of press coverage of our demise, and other fans seem to be paying close attention, too.

That's the difference between us and pisspot clubs like Albion, West Ham, Sunderland - they go down and hardly anyone comments - because 1. They're just not that important as clubs and 2. That's what they do, they go up and down.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 10:04:09 AM »
I wish we were hated, it would mean we'd be doing something right.

I hope to be hated next season, as it will mean we're pissing all over the league and tin pot clubs will be glad not to have 4000 Brummies giving it large at their shoe box ground the following campaign.

We're pitied in the main and as Paulie says, we're on the sports news a lot. You cannot go a few days without hearing us on 5Live or TalkSport. Only the shadow dwelling no marks who orbit us seem to be laughing. Fuck them though.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 11:23:44 AM »
There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 11:51:45 AM »
There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
I think stubbing my toe in bare feet is worse.
 I really don't give a flying fuck who hates us, pity's or is just plain envious ( small heath & the Ollbeyun) All I care about is AVFC.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:54:24 AM by The Edge »

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 12:06:43 PM »
Still one of my favourite chants is
We are Villa
Aston Villa
No-one likes us
We don't care

It works for Millwall but not Villa as I don't think people care about us and if they do a lot of them pity us or feel sorry for us but that doesn't scan.

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 12:26:26 PM »
It's the Villa this season, next year it will be some other club.

I don't mind the "bantz", it's the pity I can't stand!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 12:26:49 PM »

I reckon the likes of John Whittingdale would disagree.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 01:17:42 PM »
I don't think we are hated, other than by local rival fans.

I have had nothing but sympathy and a bit of mickey taking from other fans. Admitedly I live up North, and the other fans are all Everton, PNE, Man Utd and Man city, Liverpool and Burnley. For the most part they seem to think it's a shame to see this happen to a club like Villa.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 01:19:08 PM »
I think we are being talked about a lot because of the manner of our demise. It's quite spectacularly bad. It's also been an odd season because Leicester have done so well, and the other usual topics of conversation have been hugely mediocre. However, I expect that once we actually do go down, we'll disappear into the background because the media will get back to discussing the rise again of Chelsea (with Conte), Man City (with Pep), Man U (with whoever replaces LVG), Arsenal and their inability to win the league in a season Leicester win it, and off course the magnificent second place Spurs. As for people hating us. I don't think many do. We are just an easy target right now, and most people pity us which is a lot worse than being hated.

Offline peter w

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 01:26:26 PM »
The time to worry would have been had we got relegated and nobody batted an eyelid.

That has totally not been the case - there has been huge amounts of press coverage of our demise, and other fans seem to be paying close attention, too.

That's the difference between us and pisspot clubs like Albion, West Ham, Sunderland - they go down and hardly anyone comments - because 1. They're just not that important as clubs and 2. That's what they do, they go up and down.

I remember in 86 when Everton were singing to man u "Down with the Villa you're going down with the Villa" and I took it then as a compliment. Same as now, I can't remember the game but someone was singing it to newcastle or Sunderland. Not that they were going down with their neighbours but with us. other fans would want us to go down every bit as much as many here and elsewhere wanted to see Everton go in the dodgy Segers years simply because its funny to see a big side go.

Offline Godfrey Brian

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 01:52:06 PM »
We're this year's novelty act that's all. Whilst we've seen it coming for a few years, nationally we are so laughably poor in lots of departments this season that it is a story. I guess we do pee a lot of others off because we are conscious of our history but every supporter should reference their own club's past otherwise you are just left with now and a world where money equals glory (ask Blackburn).

As for our local rivals ,all of them, they are enjoying it as we would with them. Give them their moment -it doesn't really matter because things will turn again  and frankly we should only be bothered about the Villa.

Alternatively it could be our stovepipe hats and sidewhiskers that upsets everyone!

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 01:54:46 PM »
I hate us. My dog hates us.

Why wouldn't they?

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 01:56:58 PM »
Is that the royal WE? Where does one begin...

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 02:11:39 PM »
They hate us more than they love their own club - and that's the difference between us.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 02:22:27 PM »
If we're being criticised for being boring, I would humbly ask why fans of other clubs are watching us? Villa don't owe fans of other clubs anything, let alone entertainment. Especially on TV. Sod right off. I think the club should be set up to cater for it's own fans first. If we happen to be entertaining to others - great, but no one outside of Villa has a right to anything in my opinion. Same for any club, by the way.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal