collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 03:37:40 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 03:32:08 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is It our duty to help drive certain unwanted players out ?  (Read 10485 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Is It our duty to help drive certain unwanted players out ?
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2016, 05:36:40 PM »
Didn't Lescott challenge a fan to meet him after training for a straightener? Wanker

After they threatened him. Why is he a wanker as you seem to think that kind of thing is okay?

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2016, 05:51:01 PM »
Didn't Lescott challenge a fan to meet him after training for a straightener? Wanker

After they threatened him. Why is he a wanker as you seem to think that kind of thing is okay?
Maybe read my tongue in cheek posts again. He's still a Wanker though.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2016, 07:20:53 PM »
I don't know why some are taking the effort to defend them. They really don't deserve it.

There's a bit of a difference between somebody defending their performances this season and somebody saying that abusing them in the street in front of their families is a bit of a silly way of dealing with things.

Not that I think for a moment that in the real world if anybody from here walked past Bacuna or Lescott in the supermarket they would do anything more threatening than maybe quietly swear under their breath and keep walking.

I don't know why some are taking the effort to defend them. They really don't deserve it.

There's a bit of a difference between somebody defending their performances this season and somebody saying that abusing them in the street in front of their families is a bit of a silly way of dealing with things.

Not that I think for a moment that in the real world if anybody from here walked past Bacuna or Lescott in the supermarket they would do anything more threatening than maybe quietly swear under their breath and keep walking.

The day before his move to Middlesbrough was finalised,  I bumped into Southgate walking out of New Street with a small suitcase of training gear and calling for a cab on his phone.

He got what felt like hours, but was more like a minute, of me calling him every rude word under the sun. I was about 20 years old back then though.

I would be more likely to do a disgusted shake if the head now.

Offline russon

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2016, 08:34:44 PM »
I liked the white hanky waving that MOTD filmed a Villa fan doing on Saturday. Perhaps we could all do it when they come out v Newcastle (but make sure you wash it first, don't fancy a Holte End littered with dried boogers)

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2016, 09:04:02 PM »
I liked the white hanky waving that MOTD filmed a Villa fan doing on Saturday. Perhaps we could all do it when they come out v Newcastle (but make sure you wash it first, don't fancy a Holte End littered with dried boogers)
Not to mention the passing of cold & flu germs, that would be awful

Offline ez

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2016, 09:07:43 PM »
I'm a bit surprised, "What a loada rubbish" hasn't had an airing yet, or has it?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2016, 10:36:26 PM »
White Yankees, followed by throwing scarves on to the pitch at the end of the game, or, turn you backs on the players when they do their lap of appreciation.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2016, 03:38:20 AM »
What about thrones that sneak into your hotel room at night, steal all your snacks and trash your room whilst you're passed out drunk.

Didn't that happen to a Crystal Palace fan we both know when he was in India?
yes it did in deed- very funny

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2016, 03:44:01 AM »
As a team we've run less miles than any other team, we haven't worked as hard. How do you explain that other than bone idleness?

i don't think they care at all. I bet they'd fucking care if they never got paid between now and the end of the season though.

It's not so much defending them as understanding there is a difference between playing badly and deliberately playing badly / not caring as has often been alluded to here.  No one can defend the shocking performances of the team this season - relegation speaks for itself, but that doesn't mean the players individually don't care about it.  I suspect they care very much indeed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal