collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by London Villan
[Today at 06:35:55 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Rigadon
[Today at 06:26:28 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:15:07 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 02:30:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is It our duty to help drive certain unwanted players out ?  (Read 10479 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Is It our duty to help drive certain unwanted players out ?
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 01:46:56 PM »
I don't care how tired a Gorilla is, I'm not fighting one.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 01:48:39 PM »
Just make their lives as uncomfortable for someone on 30-40 grand a week as it is possible to do within the law. If you think about it, every time the likes of Gabby or Richards goes into town shopping, or to a restaurant, or the movies, they must encounter dozens of Villa fans.

Whereas previously they'd maybe have people wanting selfies, or autographs, or just a 2 minute yarn with one of their heroes; I think we as fans can do our bit in letting them know exactly what we think.

Let them know they're a disgrace, not fit to wear the shirt, stealing a living from us and poor imitations of bygone true legends of the club. Make their lives uncomfortable to the point where they have to weigh up whether it's best for them to keep drawing their fat, unearned salaries, or take a new deal, any deal to get away.

Really?!  You're advocating approaching players away from the club simply to give them verbal abuse?  It's really not that important.

What if their kids are there?  How scary would it be for a young child to see their dad get abuse from a random stranger in the street?

If you really want to give them some stick, do it while they're on the pitch - after that, they're people like you and me.
thats exactly what I'm saying ad@m. Leave now. Take whatever deal you can get elsewhere. Go. Now. I said I'm not advocating assaulting them or screaming obscenities at them, which could affect their families, just let them know at every opportunity that they are no longer welcome for the reasons stated above. Let them weigh up whether they want to continue to steal a living from the mugs who pay their wages, through ticket, merchandising, refreshment sales and sky subscriptions. This first team squad deserve everything they hopefully get.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 01:49:06 PM »
As Oscar Wilde said: Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

The sooner this shower fuck off, the better.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2016, 01:49:41 PM »

I couldn't live without one; I love cheese on toast.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2016, 01:53:39 PM »
Just casually walk up to Richards and very meekly say 'you've got the worst positional sense of any defender I've ever seen... Everyone here thinks you're crap'. Maybe even limp and hunch your back. Actually just get on old family member to do it. He won't do sh*t.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2016, 01:53:54 PM »
Reminds me I must ensure I visit the homes of all our Credit Analysts tonight to harass them after the shit month end result we had.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2016, 01:54:22 PM »
Just make their lives as uncomfortable for someone on 30-40 grand a week as it is possible to do within the law. If you think about it, every time the likes of Gabby or Richards goes into town shopping, or to a restaurant, or the movies, they must encounter dozens of Villa fans.

Whereas previously they'd maybe have people wanting selfies, or autographs, or just a 2 minute yarn with one of their heroes; I think we as fans can do our bit in letting them know exactly what we think.

Let them know they're a disgrace, not fit to wear the shirt, stealing a living from us and poor imitations of bygone true legends of the club. Make their lives uncomfortable to the point where they have to weigh up whether it's best for them to keep drawing their fat, unearned salaries, or take a new deal, any deal to get away.

Really?!  You're advocating approaching players away from the club simply to give them verbal abuse?  It's really not that important.

What if their kids are there?  How scary would it be for a young child to see their dad get abuse from a random stranger in the street?

If you really want to give them some stick, do it while they're on the pitch - after that, they're people like you and me.

I'm with Robbo.  Fuck em.

And what if one of these professional athletes, who are fitter than most of us can only dream about, belts you one?
then they've acted outside the law and should be dealt with appropriately.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2016, 01:56:22 PM »

I'd draw the line at a gorilla. I'd happily take out one of those monkeys that sit on barrel organs though, the drugged up ones that wear a fez and a dickie bow. Bastards

Offline MillerBall

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 02:04:33 PM »
One of the problems with meeting any of the players out in public is that many of them have appeared to be very clumsy and awkward for several seasons and are quite likely to accidently spill a plate of food over a nearby diner or drop a burger on the shoe of a passer by. This is not some form of intentional support it simply relates to an inability to appraise a situation.

Tripping over a dropped sheet of A4 paper or dropping a bunch of flowers comes as second nature to our brave boys and concentration is arguably not one of their strong points.

Beware of our players in Public Places - you don't know where they have been and its highly likely they don't either.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 02:07:40 PM »
What about thrones that sneak into your hotel room at night, steal all your snacks and trash your room whilst you're passed out drunk. 1 or 2 you'd maybe take down. But a whole team of them?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2016, 02:10:11 PM »
What about thrones that sneak into your hotel room at night, steal all your snacks and trash your room whilst you're passed out drunk.

Didn't that happen to a Crystal Palace fan we both know when he was in India?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2016, 02:13:09 PM »

And what if one of these professional athletes, who are fitter than most of us can only dream about, belts you one?

As have you by abusing them.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2016, 03:11:03 PM »

Easy, I'm handy when I'm pished. I'd take the biggest out first, then the rest would shit their keks

You've seen the size of some of them? Like kids who are all now bigger than their parents when they're about 12, footballers have become giants almost overnight.

Yep, but it aint the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Which means I could probably do the lot of them with my one-inch punch.
Let's face it, if they did show any fight it'd be about time.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2016, 03:36:26 PM »

As have you by abusing them.

Is telling someone they're rubbish and you want them gone from a football club against the law? Just for arguements sake, I don't know either way.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2016, 03:57:27 PM »
Is this the shittest thread ever?

They know they are playing badly and they know the fans aren't happy.  It's probably been the hardest season of their lives and most will realise their careers are in jeopardy or at the least on a severe downward spiral.  I know it's all relative and they are very well compensated, but I can guarantee you as individuals the last thing they want to do is play badly, lose and be ridiculed on TV and in the national press week in and week out.  People who think they are doing this on purpose just haven't got a clue.  A few idiots shouting at them in the street wont make one iota of difference in the scheme of things.

So no, it is not your duty to drive the players out.  It is your prerogative to express your views in the ground as fee paying fans or on internet forums if you so wish.  But approaching them in the street is not on.  And we laugh at the Blues for being knuckledraggers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal