collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 08:47:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is It our duty to help drive certain unwanted players out ?  (Read 10410 times)

Offline exigo

Re: Is It our duty to help drive certain unwanted players out ?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 12:50:31 PM »
Given that we'll struggle to get rid of some of our highest earning dross, I see no harm in making it clear to them that we want them gone.
It'll be interesting to see what happens on the final whistle against Newcastle. I fully expect the players to move quicker than they have all season when (if?) fans run onto the pitch.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 01:09:56 PM »
Just make their lives as uncomfortable for someone on 30-40 grand a week as it is possible to do within the law. If you think about it, every time the likes of Gabby or Richards goes into town shopping, or to a restaurant, or the movies, they must encounter dozens of Villa fans.

Whereas previously they'd maybe have people wanting selfies, or autographs, or just a 2 minute yarn with one of their heroes; I think we as fans can do our bit in letting them know exactly what we think.

Let them know they're a disgrace, not fit to wear the shirt, stealing a living from us and poor imitations of bygone true legends of the club. Make their lives uncomfortable to the point where they have to weigh up whether it's best for them to keep drawing their fat, unearned salaries, or take a new deal, any deal to get away.

Really?!  You're advocating approaching players away from the club simply to give them verbal abuse?  It's really not that important.

What if their kids are there?  How scary would it be for a young child to see their dad get abuse from a random stranger in the street?

If you really want to give them some stick, do it while they're on the pitch - after that, they're people like you and me.

I'm with Robbo.  Fuck em.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 01:15:56 PM »
Just make their lives as uncomfortable for someone on 30-40 grand a week as it is possible to do within the law. If you think about it, every time the likes of Gabby or Richards goes into town shopping, or to a restaurant, or the movies, they must encounter dozens of Villa fans.

Whereas previously they'd maybe have people wanting selfies, or autographs, or just a 2 minute yarn with one of their heroes; I think we as fans can do our bit in letting them know exactly what we think.

Let them know they're a disgrace, not fit to wear the shirt, stealing a living from us and poor imitations of bygone true legends of the club. Make their lives uncomfortable to the point where they have to weigh up whether it's best for them to keep drawing their fat, unearned salaries, or take a new deal, any deal to get away.

Really?!  You're advocating approaching players away from the club simply to give them verbal abuse?  It's really not that important.

What if their kids are there?  How scary would it be for a young child to see their dad get abuse from a random stranger in the street?

If you really want to give them some stick, do it while they're on the pitch - after that, they're people like you and me.

And what if one of these professional athletes, who are fitter than most of us can only dream about, belts you one?

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 01:17:16 PM »
More to the point is it our fault? Did anyone watch MOTD saturday? Monkey man Keown saying it's not easy for the players to be playing in toxic atmosphere's or something like that, something similar was said on Soccer Saturday by Thompson.

So is it us or what?

The atmosphere wasn't toxic when we won 1 of the opening 20 games was it?
This. This exactly.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »

Spot on.

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 01:19:29 PM »

And what if one of these professional athletes, who are fitter than most of us can only dream about, belts you one?

I'd lamp him one and no mistake. Richardson would probably miss

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 01:20:15 PM »

In Italy, I understand ultras have been known to turn up at training armed with bats, crowbars and the like to let the players know that they're dis-satisfied.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 01:25:49 PM »

Of course you would.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 01:26:28 PM »
A measured response mate, but the selling club usually receives a fee, unless you are suggesting we pay clubs to take certain players off our books? Some of the players we're currently burdened with, that's not too far off the mark!

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 01:33:03 PM »
Rather than brawling in Grand Central with a millionaire player of limited ability, attitude and intellect, while his opportunistic partner stood by checking her look in the nearest shop window, I would prefer to stop in my tracks and catch their eye with a particularly stiff "Paddington Stare".

That'll learn 'em!

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 01:33:33 PM »

Of course you would.

Easy, I'm handy when I'm pished. I'd take the biggest out first, then the rest would shit their keks

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 01:35:24 PM »
If we could clear the decks at as close to break even as possible, that would be a massive result.  If (big if, I know!) we could get £5m for Richards, that would go a long way to making this possible.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 01:35:50 PM »

Easy, I'm handy when I'm pished. I'd take the biggest out first, then the rest would shit their keks

You've seen the size of some of them? Like kids who are all now bigger than their parents when they're about 12, footballers have become giants almost overnight.

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 01:39:58 PM »

You've seen the size of some of them? Like kids who are all now bigger than their parents when they're about 12, footballers have become giants almost overnight.

Yep, but it aint the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Which means I could probably do the lot of them with my one-inch punch ( and don't anyone substitute the word "punch" for "penis" and tell me they've fixed my quote)

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 01:43:49 PM »
As some French philosopher once said, you don't stop fighting the gorilla when you're tired, you stop fighting the gorilla when it gets tired or some old shit like that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal