collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is It our duty to help drive certain unwanted players out ?  (Read 10482 times)

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
Is It our duty to help drive certain unwanted players out ?
« on: April 11, 2016, 09:27:32 PM »
I think the fans have been great home and away for the last five years when you look at the facts, we've gained a lot of what feels like positive press as a set of supporters for our loyalty and various well organised protests . Whilst it could be seen as 'bullying in the workplace'  is it our duty for the remaining games to drive out  Mr Vertigo, New Car , Captain not my fault ,
Champions chump, etc by them never wanting to appear in front of us ever again ( Gabby seems to have started already the fat useless coward ) I intend to give it to them at every opportunity as I feel we can never move on with them in our dressing room.
I hope the club make them do the lap of appreciation at the end of the season with the caveat that they have to walk the track , can't see that happening though unfortunately.
I see it as doing my bit to help reduce the wage bill how about you ?

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Is It our duty to help drive certain unwanted players out ?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:37:27 PM »
I'll be taking very little notice.  They're a piss poor team with a few bad eggs, it would seem.  The pseudonyms you mention, who will all of be off at the end of the season, know we think they're ****** anyway, and won't give two hoots if you scream your lungs out.  Save your breath.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 09:29:05 AM »
Im not interested in name calling (not a dig at your post per se) and mean as much as shouting w***ers at them as any of the personal stuff,but I think it undermines the point of wanting them gone. I think the most fitting chant of late has been "You're not fit to wear the shirt" and if anything, this should be what rings round VP after the final whistle on the last day.

The truth of it is, that through a combination of a lack of talent, lack of effort, poor off field behaviour, fragile mentality, old age, being new to the league etc this squad simply is not fit enough to be running out onto that pitch in the famous claret and blue. I would hope, that irrespective of what the fans do, the new board and management team  see that as clear as daylight and deal with the situation, irrespecive of the cost. Im hoping the growth of the american and chinese leagues will be a blessing in disguise for us

There can be no room for sentiment this summer

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 10:56:39 AM »
I agree with the OP and was going to post something similar last weekend.

I'm not advocating physical assaults or anything like that, or even going up to players you see out and about and screaming obscenities in their faces.

Just make their lives as uncomfortable for someone on 30-40 grand a week as it is possible to do within the law. If you think about it, every time the likes of Gabby or Richards goes into town shopping, or to a restaurant, or the movies, they must encounter dozens of Villa fans.

Whereas previously they'd maybe have people wanting selfies, or autographs, or just a 2 minute yarn with one of their heroes; I think we as fans can do our bit in letting them know exactly what we think.

Let them know they're a disgrace, not fit to wear the shirt, stealing a living from us and poor imitations of bygone true legends of the club. Make their lives uncomfortable to the point where they have to weigh up whether it's best for them to keep drawing their fat, unearned salaries, or take a new deal, any deal to get away.

These clowns have managed to get 2 managers the sack this season and 90% of the blame
Lies with them. It's our duty as fans to try and help the club get rid. On that line, the club should publish a list of players for sale in the summer and let the fans help them
Through the door.

Think of it as a logical extension of the protests already undertaken.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:08:05 AM by robbo1874 »

Offline Confusious says

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 11:14:40 AM »
I know the fans feel like venting their anger at certain players and for what we have endured over the last few years, but I would say it is totally down to the new board to deal with this situation.
There is a lot of money involved, selling fees and paying up contracts. The board must try to get as much as they can out of the transactions to enable us to be able to compete for their better replacements. Who knows that maybe a new manager with a better style or man management over the other players may get a better more successfull response. Good luck to the board and new manager

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 12:12:08 PM »
More to the point is it our fault? Did anyone watch MOTD saturday? Monkey man Keown saying it's not easy for the players to be playing in toxic atmosphere's or something like that, something similar was said on Soccer Saturday by Thompson.

So is it us or what?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 12:16:22 PM »
More to the point is it our fault? Did anyone watch MOTD saturday? Monkey man Keown saying it's not easy for the players to be playing in toxic atmosphere's or something like that, something similar was said on Soccer Saturday by Thompson.

So is it us or what?

There's always been some inverse snobbery aimed at us from our lesser neighbours. Small Heath are the One True Brummies unlike da villa what's from Staffordshire while that lot in stripes am the Loyalest and Bestest Fans Ever unlike da villa what am fikkul. Sy something often enough and it starts to stick, especially after Fuckoff O'Leary joined in.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 12:18:35 PM »

So is it us or what?

There's always been some inverse snobbery aimed at us from our lesser neighbours. Small Heath are the One True Brummies unlike da villa what's from Staffordshire while that lot in stripes am the Loyalest and Bestest Fans Ever unlike da villa what am fikkul. Sy something often enough and it starts to stick, especially after Fuckoff O'Leary joined in.

I think that also, but are we unhelpful to the situation? Didn't Given comment on it as well? Myself I think we've been more than patient

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 12:18:57 PM »

So is it us or what?

The atmosphere wasn't toxic when we won 1 of the opening 20 games was it?

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 12:20:07 PM »
I can't remember to be honest, I ain't been to Villa once this season

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 12:20:33 PM »

So is it us or what?

To paraphrase someone famous (and no doubt mix a few metaphors)

"Blaming the fans for an athlete's performance is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 12:23:17 PM »
I can't remember to be honest, I ain't been to Villa once this season

Well put it this way, the atmosphere against West Ham in December was pretty decent, on the back of 1 win in 7 months.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 12:27:47 PM »

So is it us or what?

Players, pundits, managers etc, 'football people' all have a very loose grip on reality. They all seem to be very highly paid passengers on the football carousel, anyone accepting any blame for poor performance risks falling off the carousel and having to get a proper job. Therefore they are always looking for targets to pin blame on, its normally the fans.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 12:45:11 PM »
Just make their lives as uncomfortable for someone on 30-40 grand a week as it is possible to do within the law. If you think about it, every time the likes of Gabby or Richards goes into town shopping, or to a restaurant, or the movies, they must encounter dozens of Villa fans.

Whereas previously they'd maybe have people wanting selfies, or autographs, or just a 2 minute yarn with one of their heroes; I think we as fans can do our bit in letting them know exactly what we think.

Let them know they're a disgrace, not fit to wear the shirt, stealing a living from us and poor imitations of bygone true legends of the club. Make their lives uncomfortable to the point where they have to weigh up whether it's best for them to keep drawing their fat, unearned salaries, or take a new deal, any deal to get away.

Really?!  You're advocating approaching players away from the club simply to give them verbal abuse?  It's really not that important.

What if their kids are there?  How scary would it be for a young child to see their dad get abuse from a random stranger in the street?

If you really want to give them some stick, do it while they're on the pitch - after that, they're people like you and me.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 12:48:29 PM »
Pitchforks for sale! Get your pitchforks and torches.

"Pitchfork, sir?"

"That'll be 3 quid. How 'bout I add a torch and we call it a fiver?"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal