collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Restructure and redundancies  (Read 14726 times)

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Restructure and redundancies
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 07:51:55 PM »
Every player should forfeit a weeks wage to contribute for the severance pay out.
Fantastic idea

Offline AV89

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 07:52:52 PM »
Reading this makes the reality of this mess hit home.  There's staff at Villa Park and Bodymoor who've likely worked there for 20-30 years and now face a really traumatic time.

Maybe the players will realize this and feel a pang of guilt, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 08:00:05 PM »
When my job was made redundant at the start of March, it was amongst the worst kicks in the bollocks I've experienced. My heart goes out to the staff at Villa Park, having their undeserved misfortune broadcast to the planet.

Aston Villa FC are a shameful, umitigated disaster. To think, some fans felt sorry for players getting booed on Saturday. The whole lot of them are a disgrace and deserve nothing but our contempt. Especially Agbonlahor, Bacuna and Micah 'useless' Richards. Ship these twats out post haste.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 08:00:42 PM »
This is another reason why this is a bit more than just something that happens to teams, and this time it's our turn. It's a massively irresponsible dereliction of duty that affects people's lives.

And one Charles N'Zogbia could pay for all it all.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 08:06:50 PM »
Maybe some of these redundancies should have taken place over time. It's entirely possible that we are overstaffed in certain areas but the impact of having this happen all at once at a time of relegation makes this news all the more disappointing. It's difficult to separate the business of football and the business of running a football club and it's always going to look massively lopsided comparing job losses to what N'Zogbia makes in a week. An frankly even if removed his salary and Gabby's, the need to make ourselves more efficient could be required. It's not like if you sold them it would automatically guarantee these cuts wouldn't happen.

As a club we need to be better everywhere. And that very much includes the way we spend money on players, and it would certainly help not having to fire managers/executives every few months. I hope that this is what Hollis is fixing as part of all of his long term planning.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 08:16:25 PM »
My sympathy is with those people facing redundancy. I've been there and it's horrible. Good luck to them.

On a side note I'm curious to know what areas they're referring to.

Offline Morleys left boot

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 08:17:21 PM »
With a little luck the idiot who was responsible for the recruitment  of this shower of shit is top of the list

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 08:18:24 PM »
It's crap and many/most almost certainly don't deserve losing their jobs and I hope those losing their jobs find work soon as possible. But to be realistic, unfortunately it happens when a club is relegated. Players will continue to 'earn' obscene amounts while staff that actually work hard and do earn their wages are let go to save small amounts compared to what a player earns.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 08:20:29 PM »
Given an insolvency practitioner was made Chairman this was always going to happen. Still doesn't make it any better, especially when we have so many jokers on the playing staff cheating a living out of the Villa.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 08:21:18 PM »
My sympathy is with those people facing redundancy. I've been there and it's horrible. Good luck to them.

Purely guessing but i'd have thought it will be things like ticket office, hospitality/corporate staff, match day staff. Basically any area that will be affected by less people going to VP next season.

Offline Linus

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 08:37:34 PM »
Absolutely shameful. I can't defend it in any way, This isn't my club any more.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 08:43:32 PM »
The culprits walk free.

I genuinely dislike our players and the havoc their lack of professionalism has wrought

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2016, 08:45:13 PM »
Absolutely shameful. I can't defend it in any way, This isn't my club any more.

Do job cuts not take place in any other walk of life? In any other industry or business? I understand that the news is never good and that it's entirely understandable to sympathize with those being affected but your statement seems rather melodramatic. Is this the first time people have lost jobs at the club?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2016, 08:49:16 PM »
Shame but it needs to be done. Next sort out the players.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2016, 08:49:23 PM »

Hopefully goal, defence, midfield & attack.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal