collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ing over  (Read 3784 times)

Offline old man villa fan

Re: Press-ing over
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 07:30:38 AM »
Is the third division Villa side you are thinking of the one that beat Man Utd over two legs  in the league cup semi final and lost narrowly to Spurs in the final?

Probably the season before.  Before they got their act together.

Offline Rioch is King

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 07:46:03 AM »
Is the third division Villa side you are thinking of the one that beat Man Utd over two legs  in the league cup semi final and lost narrowly to Spurs in the final?

Probably the season before.  Before they got their act together.

OK... the season before it was a 2nd Div Villa side that got relegated - didn't want to see an injustice for my first Villa heroes (our first season in the 3rd we got to the league cup final but missed promotion - we went up the season after)

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 08:40:25 AM »
Clark was a terrible manager. The picks they have made this century other than he have been nothing short of brilliant for them especially for such a shitty tinpot collection of dirge.

Bruce did really well but got fed up in the end. Only blip was 2005-06.
McLeish won them a trophy and got them their highest finish in what 50 years or so. Never the right man for Villa I hasten to add.
Hughton - how he got them 4th against the utter chaos above him is beyond belief.
Rowett - one of the brightest young coaches in the game it appears. Derby will nab him if we don't.

Look at our record of hires this century - abysmal and half of the seasons spent fighting relegation with £250m over spend and just about every unwanted record going.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 09:08:25 AM »
I think Clark did alright for them considering what was going on there at the time.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 09:58:00 AM »
I think Clark did alright for them considering what was going on there at the time.

You may be right. He is just such a negative manager in too many respects. Just shows what a great job Rowett has done.

The one thing with hiring Hughton or Rowett or Bruce (although I think he is looking like a spent force) is we could, well most of us, nail the myth that we didn't want McLeish because he was a 'Nose'.

Offline conman

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 12:46:59 PM »
yeah ten seconds from relegation to the old division 3

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 06:59:12 PM »
Another good read Dave.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal