collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: prince william and leicester  (Read 8014 times)

Offline trevor fisher

prince william and leicester
« on: April 07, 2016, 08:52:40 PM »
I am not a royalist, but I have more and more respect for Prince William. At least he has been seen at the ground, and his comments today on Leicester are worth supporting. THough it hurts to say so, they are a good well run club and if they win the League it will be a great moment. So why not say so? Its not disrespectful to agree that they outplayed Villa in their home game. They play the game the way they should be played and run their affairs intelligently so why not applaud them?

Personally I am happy to stand with the PRince on this issue. The moment Villa lost the plot was when we were 2-0 up at the King Power and Sherwood took off two midfielders to add firepower. And the Leicester players went for it and won. Good luck to them. We threw away a winning position, they picked up the gauntlet and ran with it. Every football supporter who is sick of moneybags running the game should openly support them in the hope they can do it.

I am Villa till I die.... But have no problems in saying Leicester should be backed all the way.

Trevor Fisher.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: prince william and leicester
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 08:54:57 PM »
I'd prefer if he stopped pontificating about Leicester and got a job, personally.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:00:13 PM »
Thanks Trevor Fisher.

At the start of the season it seemed like quite a controversy that Leicester might win the league. But maybe it's a sign o' the times, that they're going to be having a party-man.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 09:03:29 PM »
Agree with you Trevor, fair response by William. I think that match had a huge effect on the rest of the season for both clubs. In fact I believe that if the result had stayed at 2 nil, we wouldn't be relegated and Leicester wouldn't be in a Champions league spot.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:03:44 PM »
Thanks Trevor Fisher.

At the start of the season it seemed like quite a controversy that Leicester might win the league. But maybe it's a sign o' the times, that they're going to be having a party-man.

If they win it, will the open top bus parade start from Alphabet Street?

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 09:12:36 PM »
Thanks Trevor Fisher.

If they win it, will the open top bus parade start from Alphabet Street?

Whether they win it or not, Leicester City will always be soft and wet to me.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 09:21:32 PM »
Thanks Trevor Fisher.

Not wanting to undervalue a Prince's opinion on football, but there is a strong resentment in the RAF that he retired a few years too soon. Google training cost for RAF helicopter pilot.

Ah well, he's a lovely rosey faced prince, let him enjoy the perks of his Norfolk estate.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 09:28:29 PM »
When they found the skeleton of King Richard 111 under a car park in the Leicester city centre, I knew something weird was going to happen. 

The brother reckons the allegedly humped backed fellow has reincarnated as James Vardy.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 09:30:46 PM »
I care for Leicester City as much as I care about what Prince William thinks or says about anything.

Chris Jameson.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 10:38:36 PM »
When they found the skeleton of King Richard 111 under a car park in the Leicester city centre, I knew something weird was going to happen. 

The brother reckons the allegedly humped backed fellow has reincarnated as James Vardy.

Shouldn't that be III? ;), although I did fail English Literature O Level because Richard III featured.

BC54 VFC

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 10:45:31 PM »
He's on about Richard the hundred and eleventh, the infamous jutting chinned, diving Pikey monarch.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 11:16:00 PM »
Vardy is a  horse

Offline Musicmaan

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 11:44:46 PM »
Personally,  I'm disappointed that the Prince puns died out as quickly as they did...

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 11:58:18 PM »
'Prince Bigbar' on Leicester. 

I happen to have suffered the ordeal of having watched them about 7-8 times this season, twice against us when but for comical tactical decisions we would have beaten them comfortably away, then at home with no confidence and very little ability, still held the 'champions elect'.  On every other occasion I've had the misfortune to watch them, they've sat back, clung on and by some miracle nicked a goal.  People say it's good for football that a club like Leicester can win the league.  I think encouraging teams to play in the style they've adopted will be the death of creative football.

Just my view, not that anyone asked.  Good a thread as any.

Offline alftitimus

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 12:09:39 AM »
Fair comments...which show an open mind.

With his education he is unlikely to be a "neanderthal-hate-every-other-team" person.

As for Leicester ...  ;D..... please let them win it.
Spurs into 2nd and Arsenal / Man C / Man U / fighting to avoid early season qualifying.

I wouldn't even bother if West ham had a late run, to upset it even more

:D

Best season ever [except us]....let's hope it's the begining of the end for BIG MONEY and
start of investment in intelligent management ... at ALL LEVELS.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal