collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Andre Green  (Read 32047 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Andre Green
« Reply #255 on: August 16, 2018, 07:31:25 AM »
Needs to play some games.  If he's not going to get that this season (and that is justified if we want to go up this year and better players can be loaned in) then he should go out on loan.  He isn't a left winger, so being played there doesn't help him to make an impression.  Agree with poster who said inside forward.  I'd say Kodjia is that kind of player too.  So, one of the other.

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #256 on: August 16, 2018, 08:10:07 AM »
The Andre Green situation reminds me alot of when Lerner/O'Neill took over.

Before any serious money could be spent O'Neill used Agonlahor and Luke Moore as sort of wide forwards to support Angel.

Agbonlahor stayed in the team for the next decade, and Moore was looking great until he picked up that shoulder injury that ended his season and he was never the same again.

Green is getting his chance right now and im seeing absolutely nothing in him, not even any desire to prove himself, ill be very surprised if he makes the grade at Villa Park

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #257 on: August 16, 2018, 02:44:08 PM »
He does seem to be highly rated by people who see a lot more of him and know a lot more about football than we do. So I'm prepared to give him a chance

Offline frank black

« Reply #258 on: August 16, 2018, 03:22:37 PM »
He’ll be fine, good player. I am sure he will get game time and score a fair few. He just needs to get injury free for a decent period. Going to be an important player for us I believe

Online RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #259 on: August 16, 2018, 03:29:05 PM »
Very surprised by some of the negative comments here. I thought he was our stand-out player during pre-season and has looked fairly lively in the opening few games as well. I think people forget how young he is, because he broke into the first-team some time ago. He's only 1 month older than RHM who a lot of people rate highly.  I've see a lot more (and see a lot more potential) in Green than I do RHM.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #260 on: August 16, 2018, 05:53:24 PM »
He's only started about 15 games hasn't he?

People way too quick to judge nowadays

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #261 on: August 17, 2018, 08:38:33 PM »
I like Andre in away at Ipswich  as has the pace and needs to be given the opportunity

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #262 on: August 19, 2018, 06:45:54 AM »
I think the issue is partly confidence with him

I'm sure when we first saw him he was direct at running at people and pretty skillful too. Now he checks back all the time and looks very hesitant

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 19.01.2018
« Reply #263 on: August 19, 2018, 06:56:16 AM »

I'm sure when we first saw him he was direct at running at people and pretty skillful too. Now he checks back all the time and looks very hesitant

He looked decent through the centre in pre season, didn't he.

I'd start him up with Kodjia, or as part of a front three with RHM, also.

Offline brian green

• GM : 04.06.2019
« Reply #264 on: August 19, 2018, 06:57:31 AM »
He seems to be better in a more central position.  He was very poor yesterday always trying to go inside the defender he was very predictable and easily stopped.  He was not helped by Hutton having a stinker and getting carried away by scoring a goal. 

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 19.01.2018
« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2018, 07:01:23 AM »
He seems to be better in a more central position.  He was very poor yesterday always trying to go inside the defender he was very predictable and easily stopped.  He was not helped by Hutton having a stinker and getting carried away by scoring a goal. 

I agree. Green and RHM have pace to burn. I do wish we'd utilise that pace in a suitable, tactically sound system. How hard can it be?

A very frustrating afternoon.

I also wish Bree would play fullback(in his correct position should I add) instead of Hutton(who I'd like to see replaced by a proper left back). Another with great pace.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2018, 08:41:18 AM »
I'm not sure he's a striker

He scoret two from that position but his general play showed he wasn't used to the role

Maybe as part of a front two

Or as you say a proper front three

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #267 on: August 19, 2018, 08:45:44 AM »

Is that down to the coaches? It'd be interesting to see him coached by someone like Dean Smith?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2018, 10:10:13 AM »
It could be. Who knows

It might partly be the lack of game time whilst injured although I thought I saw the same tendencies a year ago

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2018, 06:56:02 PM »
Not in the squad tonight and supposedly Bolton and Norwich are after him on loan.