collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Seats on 7  (Read 18886 times)

Offline ez

Re: Seats on 7
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 06:14:15 PM »
Booing the players is a rare thing these days but we need to let the culprits know they are not welcome at villa park.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2016, 06:14:57 PM »
I think they're running out of ideas. As Edwyn Collins sang, 'too many protest singers, not enough protest songs.'
You come up with something then

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »
There is a new Board  in place. All practical steps are in place to ensure appointment of the right Manager to fix the team so I don't see any point in doing this.
I will have to be extra late on Saturday to ensure not being involved.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2016, 06:26:28 PM »
Please do not address Clampy as "mate".  He is an old sweat who has served his time.  He is "Clampy" or if you are feeling very, very brave, "Clamps" but not mate.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2016, 06:26:57 PM »
Booing the players is a rare thing these days but we need to let the culprits know they are not welcome at villa park.

Definitely this. I don't get the protests towards Lerner now at all. If the boardroom changes hadn't happened then yeah... but they have, that's the statement. If he doesn't get involved with any running of the club I actually don't give a shit if he stays the owner. He continues to wipe off debts and lose money. Yes he's a shit businessman which has been discussed ad infinitum, he's fucked the club up etc. Everyone knows. I want the players ripped to shreds now, I want them to want to fuck off.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 06:34:02 PM »
If only we could break into their cars and plant stink bombs which go off when they reach a speed of 74 mph on their way anywhere for ever and ever or at the very least 6 years. 

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2016, 06:38:41 PM »
Please do not address Clampy as "mate".  He is an old sweat who has served his time.  He is "Clampy" or if you are feeling very, very brave, "Clamps" but not mate.

He's also Clamps me old mucka to his intimates.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2016, 06:39:54 PM »
Altogether now: 'Who do these people think they are? Randy wants to sell but nobody is buying football clubs these days. They know we're pissed off so we don't need to tell them. Protests are pointless without a clear set of aims and onpbjectives. Let's just cheer on the team.' Etc. Etc.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2016, 06:45:41 PM »
I think the Bournemouth match should see the players getting the wrath, there's a good chance we could be relegated on Saturday and once it is confirmed some of the fringe players might get a game and it wouldn't be fair on them to have to play in such an atmosphere. Let Richards, Agbonlahor, Lescott etc know how highly they are thought of.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2016, 06:48:03 PM »
This might be one of the only chances to visually and hopefully iconically show our displeasure at Villa's impending relegation. Anyone who wants to protest that shocking state of affairs has every right to in my book. Also, fair play for actually getting up and starting something. Everyone has ideas, doing it is something else.
Well said.

Offline exigo

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2016, 06:52:46 PM »
I think the Bournemouth match should see the players getting the wrath, there's a good chance we could be relegated on Saturday and once it is confirmed some of the fringe players might get a game and it wouldn't be fair on them to have to play in such an atmosphere. Let Richards, Agbonlahor, Lescott etc know how highly they are thought of.

Or we could the opposite route. Just sing songs about the next generation of Villa players – the ones who'll give everything to wear the shirt.
Andre Green can have Darren Bent's old chant.
Hepburn-Murphy can have Andi Weimann's.
Jordan Lyden can have Libor Kozak's.
Etc etc.

Offline peter w

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2016, 07:28:19 PM »
No. They're starting to like the sound of their own voice.

Or they're doing something which has had a modicum of success. Last Saturday's campaign was successful and picked up by just about every media outlet. You hoping to get someone to notice you by coming out with this comment? It smacks of 'please please look at me'. If anyone is liking the sound of their own voice it's you. You may not like it, you may not support it, and you may even be right in your negativity - but why be snide?

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2016, 07:29:01 PM »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2016, 07:29:14 PM »
I'd love to see the game held up while they clear thousands of white towels from the pitch.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2016, 07:31:50 PM »

Totally agree. There are players who need to be told how much we hate them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal