collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by AV84
[Today at 07:22:26 AM]

MOTD by RamboandBruno
[Today at 07:10:01 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by john2710
[Today at 06:41:12 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 06:25:57 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:52:31 AM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:49:43 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:29:25 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:23:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Seats on 7  (Read 18922 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Seats on 7
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 05:30:53 PM »
No. They're starting to like the sound of their own voice.
Bit rude.

I think the protests have been very successful The banners especially was a huge effort which I'm very grateful for.

The banners had a point to them because it was visual and being on the telly it had an impact. With the new board in and a possibly a new manager soon, they need to take a step back. If it was just Tom Fox still there, then yes, fine. He's not, 4 or 5 people have come in and they still want people to protest. It's time (I feel) to give the board the chance to correct the mess we've been left in.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 05:35:20 PM »
Bit rude.

I think the protests have been very successful The banners especially was a huge effort which I'm very grateful for.

The banners had a point to them because it was visual and being on the telly it had an impact. With the new board in and a possibly a new manager soon, they need to take a step back. If it was just Tom Fox still there, then yes, fine. He's not, 4 or 5 people have come in and they still want people to protest. It's time (I feel) to give the board the chance to correct the mess we've been left in.

I agree.  I mean what exactly is there to protest about now?  Lerner wants to sell and I'm sure does not really need any speeding up to do so.  I'd rather everyone there was trying to create the best atmosphere we can and at least showing there are still some people with some pride left in the club. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 05:38:20 PM by tomd2103 »

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 05:36:58 PM »
Bit rude.

I suspect most fans won't be so easily placated

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 05:49:07 PM »
The banners was great as well as it was a bit of a "fuck you" to the club after the banner shit at the Spurs game. I said at the time how much the behaviour of stewards pissed me off so I boycotted the Chelsea game in protest.

This one is crap though, been done before, we'll struggle to have 30K in the ground so will look shite as there will be so many empty seats any way. Just do another banner one or another walk out rather than trying to be clever and do a different one every game.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 05:49:40 PM »
I thought turn your back on 74 was a good idea as that could be looked on as a protest against the shitness of the players.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 05:50:01 PM »
What's there to protest about? What is there not to protest about? I hope we raise all hell until this nightmare of a season is over. Whether sufficient numbers will be arsed to take part in this, I really don't know, but the banners/placards thing worked well. I think throwing towels on the pitch would be much better visually, and more symbolic of the club's lack of professionalism..

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 05:52:47 PM »
I'm guessing the only thing to protest about now is trying to get Lerner out.  Which is funny because he wants out too. 

In fairness the board are now making steps to correct the past, too little too late of course.  The next protest should be when we appoint Ian Holloway as our new manager ;)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2016, 05:55:02 PM »
The problem with this is you'll have missed two goals before you get in.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 05:58:52 PM »
Get in early in order to boo the shithouses on to the pitch.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2016, 06:00:55 PM »
This might be one of the only chances to visually and hopefully iconically show our displeasure at Villa's impending relegation. Anyone who wants to protest that shocking state of affairs has every right to in my book. Also, fair play for actually getting up and starting something. Everyone has ideas, doing it is something else.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 06:06:12 PM »
I'm guessing the only thing to protest about now is trying to get Lerner out.  Which is funny because he wants out too. 

In fairness the board are now making steps to correct the past, too little too late of course.  The next protest should be when we appoint Ian Holloway as our new manager ;)

I agree and you're right, it's too late but it's a start and it's not as if they're sitting on their hands doing nothing.

Any other protest should now maybe be against the players. Maybe letting them do their 'lap of honour' in front of a virtually empty stadium after the Newcastle game might be a good idea although I wouldn't think anyone would want to applaud them anyway.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 06:06:55 PM »
I would very much doubt if that took place.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2016, 06:08:09 PM »
I think any Villa fans that are still prepared to attend matches should be treated with respect.
if some of them want to protest then so be it. I don't see why they are being criticised.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2016, 06:09:55 PM »
I thought the lap of appreciation was for the supporters not the players, they should be forced to do it by the board the shit we've put up with.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:11:38 PM by VillaAlways »

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »
This season has been an utter farce and I see no reason to let anyone off the hook for the last few games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal