collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brad Guzan  (Read 8631 times)

Offline Stinkin_Thinkin

Re: Brad Guzan
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 01:55:44 PM »
He's a capable number 13 but never in a million years number 1

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2016, 02:02:43 PM »
I think people forget just how good he was back in Lambert's first two seasons. That's understandable, it is pretty hard to see through the steam rising of the B6 turds at the moment.

However, he won our player of the year in a season when Benteke scored 19 league goals and was fully deserving of it. He barely made a mistake all season, came for way more crosses than any other keeper in the league and made some great saves in the run in. He was also great the following season. He has massively declined in the last 12-15 months and chuff knows why that is. But it's a shame to see him struggling and receiving so much bile.

By all accounts he had always been a good character to have around the dressing room so I guess it's the chewing gum incident that has clouded most views of his personality. Coupled with boiling frustrations at some admittedly terrible errors.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2016, 02:16:50 PM »
I think people forget just how good he was back in Lambert's first two seasons. That's understandable, it is pretty hard to see through the steam rising of the B6 turds at the moment.

However, he won our player of the year in a season when Benteke scored 19 league goals and was fully deserving of it. He barely made a mistake all season, came for way more crosses than any other keeper in the league and made some great saves in the run in. He was also great the following season. He has massively declined in the last 12-15 months and chuff knows why that is. But it's a shame to see him struggling and receiving so much bile.

By all accounts he had always been a good character to have around the dressing room so I guess it's the chewing gum incident that has clouded most views of his personality. Coupled with boiling frustrations at some admittedly terrible errors.

fully agree with that Olof. Loss of confidence coupled with no defence in front of him have turned him into a pale shadow of his former self. Question is, can he ever recover while at Villa?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal