collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brad Guzan  (Read 8632 times)

Online Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Brad Guzan
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 10:09:03 PM »
If I didn't know he was just shit, I would have thought he was taking a bung some of the goals he has conceded. I have never seen a keeper beaten on his near post so often and the free kick against Swansea, he might have just stood by the corner flag he gave Siggurdson so much room.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 10:51:28 PM »
I'm not sure what happened at the bench at Wycombe with Lescott, but prior to that I would have said Guzan has more or less kept his head down through the ups and downs he has had. I'll always have fond memories of his Bosnich-esque saves at Sunderland. I'd also agree that his saves helped keep us up in at least one season.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 10:57:09 PM »
Our very own Bruce Grobbelaar..

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2016, 10:59:31 PM »
Our very own Bruce Grobbelaar..

He wishes he was remotely close to Grobbelaar in ability.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2016, 11:13:23 PM »
I wasn't referring to Bruce's ability.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2016, 11:20:35 PM »
No doubt he's been in decline for the last season and a half. One way or another he needs a new defence/team in front of him, under a manager that believes in him. Whether that's with us or somewhere else.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2016, 11:32:18 PM »
I wasn't referring to Bruce's ability.

Bruce's comedy and mistakes were few in comparison to the consistent performances he put in for Liverpool. Brad is also consistent, just not the good variety.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2016, 12:28:41 AM »
A shame as he's been a good servant to the club (we'd never have reached 2010 carling cup final without him let's not forget) but he needs to be moved on for his own good now, he knows it aswell.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 12:42:39 AM »
If I didn't know he was just shit, I would have thought he was taking a bung some of the goals he has conceded. I have never seen a keeper beaten on his near post so often and the free kick against Swansea, he might have just stood by the corner flag he gave Siggurdson so much room.

Added to his mistakes, there is his poor distribution which has been there from the start.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2016, 07:51:42 AM »

Added to his mistakes, there is his poor distribution which has been there from the start.

Its surprising after all this time that there hasn't been any improvement in that aspect of his game.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 08:14:40 AM »
Of the many strange things about Guzan one of the most frustrating is his kicking.  If you watch him warm up with his coach he alternates clearance kicks with his left and his right foot.  His right foot kicking is reasonable and competent.  In matches he constantly wrong foots himself to kick with his left foot.  There was a clear example in the first half against Chelsea when the ball came back to him pursued by a Chelsea forward.  It fell to Guzan's right.  With his right foot he could have made a clean, well directed kick.  Instead he scythed at it with his left and it went for a Chelsea throw.  It could have gone anywhere.  I think he is another like N'Zogbia and Richards. Uncoachable.

Offline peter w

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 09:39:20 AM »
I was never a fan of Guzan and wasn't impressed at re-signing him. But then he had a great season and as much as benteke and his goals he played a huge part in keeping us up. That save from Samba v QPR was as pivotal as any benteke goal. But then last season he started to wane but I think it was a mistake to drop him after Man City and his form this season, and at times his attitude, have been just rotten. One of the ones that need to be dumped. If Chelsea's reserve keeper is up for it I'd go for him - if not maybe Myhill.r
Wow, really? He was absolutely negligent for Man City's first goal in that game, and not for the first time. To me it was about time.

Overall, he'd played well for two seasons after Given had rightfully been dropped for that ropey early-season game against Everton, but for the last two years has been poor.

But Given was poor which he proved after that. Given (not Shay...) that they were our options I would have stayed with Guzan for the season.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2016, 09:47:02 AM »
Its like Bluenose Aliens have kidnapped the real Guzan and replaced him with a clueless idiot that has no connect between his brain and hands. I can only assume he has some pre agreement with an MLS club for next season and just doesn't give a shit anymore. Last weeks clanger at Swansea and Saturdays pathetic attempt to parry the ball allowing Chelsea to score was Enckleman-esque. Stick Bunn or Brad Watkins in for the remaining games.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2016, 01:33:23 PM »
He's shit.  I think it was the third goal on Saturday, I'm sixty-seven FFS and I'd have made a better fist of it than that.  Palmed the fucking thing straight back to the Chavski player and boom! Thank you very much.  Fuck him off asap.  Ranks up there with some of the worst Villa goalkeepers I've seen, and to be fair, there haven't been that many out and out bad ones.

Online nigel

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2016, 01:52:06 PM »
He's shit.  I think it was the third goal on Saturday, I'm sixty-seven FFS and I'd have made a better fist of it than that.  Palmed the fucking thing straight back to the Chavski player and boom! Thank you very much.  Fuck him off asap.  Ranks up there with some of the worst Villa goalkeepers I've seen, and to be fair, there haven't been that many out and out bad ones.

I felt the difference between Guzan and Cortios on Saturday was the defence and speed of thought of the striker.
Cortios made several handing errors, which, had we a Darren Bent, Gary Shaw or Brian Little up front, would have been punished.
Guzan parries one, not a great parry I grant you, and the defence stand static while the striker waltzes in unchallenged to score.

Yes, Guzan is certainly off for,  but, I reckon any keeper would struggle behind our back four

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal