collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How will you react at the final whistle at the Bournemouth game?  (Read 14618 times)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
Re: How will you react at the final whistle at the Bournemouth game?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 11:25:06 PM »
I will be up to my neck in work, so I hopefully wont even have time to register it.

Offline VillaSpen

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 11:30:28 PM »
Taking my 5 year old to his first game v Bournemouth. It's his own fault for asking for a Stoke City shirt.

That put an actual smile on my face. Thank you!

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 11:34:06 PM »
It will make no difference for me. I accepted relegation in January and it's nothing more than that bunch of oxygen thieves deserve. What staggers me is that these so called professional players seem to have no shame or embarrassment at their piss poor performance and no doubt will be grinning like Cheshire cats every payday. Utterly disgraceful disrespectful shower of shit. The sooner they leave the club the better. They deserve every bit of vitriol they get.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 11:37:54 PM »
I can't wait. Had enough. We are an embarrassment.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 11:38:15 PM »
In the overall scheme of things it's a game of football at the end of the day. Football should be there as a pleasant distraction to the pressures of adult life however it's been the opposite recently. There are far more important things in life, health, your family. Chins up cheers up, it's but a drop in the ocean of life.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2016, 12:15:06 AM »
Who cares?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2016, 12:23:13 AM »
I do. Beat Bournemouth and I just need one more victory (preferably against the Barcodes) to win my bet with Risso.

Relegation doesn't bother me now, it's what happens between now and the new season that concerns me. I'm quite looking forward to it but the thought of playing a competitive league local derby game against Burton Albion brings the reality home.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2016, 12:25:04 AM »
I don't think we'll be relegated next weekend, it will drag on a bit longer.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2016, 12:36:08 AM »
It will be a blessed relief. We have been dead men walking since January imo. Counting the matches I have to go to, don't know why I go really, looking forward to next season wanted this one to finish two months ago. Unfortunately I don't think we will get relegated next weekend, so the pain goes on at least another week.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2016, 03:33:59 AM »
Wouldn't be surprised if a few go on afterwards and let them know to their faces what a great job they've done in getting us relegated.

Online CT Villan

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2016, 04:26:53 AM »
I think it will be cause for celebration...it will hopefully be the first day on the path to getting our Villa back.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2016, 04:31:53 AM »
For the last home game, everyone should walk out 5 minutes before time so that the ground is empty of home fans at the final whistle.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2016, 07:50:40 AM »
I'm going on the pitch to chase Lescott, it will be the fastest he's run all season.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2016, 07:57:25 AM »
I think they will do that anyway OMVF, spontaneously.

Most important things in life come in threes.  Something very nasty appeared like a speck on the horizon at the Cup Final ten months ago. With a far better team than we have now that included Benteke, Delph and Cleverley we were humiliated and were lucky not to concede ten goals.  Not a shot on goal, not a corner.  I could not believe how bad we had become since the semi final.  I remember looking at Sherwood on the touchline with minutes to play with his head bowed and his hands in his pockets and realising Villa had simply fallen apart terminally.

The horror on the horizon drew closer with the pathetic losses to the poorer teams in the opening games of the season.  The Notts County game confirmed how bad we were and without the human sacrifice that was Adama Traore we would have lost that game.

Like the Pale Rider of the Book of Revelations, the beast rode into Villa Park and revealed himself to us all on 1st February when we knew the board had accepted relegation.  Remi Garde was hung out to dry and would ultimately be made to pay for five years of the owner's, the board's, the previous five managers', the back up staff's and the players' collective ineptitude.

February 1st 2016 was the day we lost our Premiership status.  Everything since has been the sound and fury of the inevitable.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2016, 08:09:55 AM »
Relegation can't come soon enough hopefully next weeks final whistle will signal the start of the player cull we all want to happen and the new manager coming in to issue most of them with P45s.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal