collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 07:48:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 07:47:20 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Smirker
[Today at 07:43:56 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by AV84
[Today at 07:41:32 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 07:35:56 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by AV84
[Today at 07:29:21 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 07:28:00 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Toronto Villa
[Today at 07:22:55 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How will you react at the final whistle at the Bournemouth game?  (Read 14687 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: How will you react at the final whistle at the Bournemouth game?
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2016, 07:20:23 PM »
I've never known a season when defeats have been so certain.

I was thinking that today.

When we were two down, it occurred to me that, with any other team, a couple of goals down, you'd think there is at least a chance of them coming back to get something from the game, but not with us - with it 0-2 the odds of us getting a point from it were right up there with those for Michael Jackson to moonwalk down the Trinity Road, the game to be interrupted as Stephen Hawking parachuted onto the centre spot and Bob Warman to drive his mobile home into the Holte End goalmouth.

At the same time.

Offline DaveD

• Twitter
  • GM : 26.12.2015
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2016, 07:46:45 PM »
Or Santa parachuting in and falling off the stand. Oh...we DID win that one 3-2.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2016, 08:43:24 PM »

When we were two down, it occurred to me that, with any other team, a couple of goals down, you'd think there is at least a chance of them coming back to get something from the game, but not with us - with it 0-2 the odds of us getting a point from it were right up there with those for Michael Jackson to moonwalk down the Trinity Road, the game to be interrupted as Stephen Hawking parachuted onto the centre spot and Bob Warman to drive his mobile home into the Holte End goalmouth.

At the same time.

And were still about that likely even after we scored.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2016, 10:23:35 PM »

At the same time.

That's what pissed me off in a Garde interview a couple of months ago - along the lines of when you go 2-0 down it is game over. It bloody well shouldn't be, for any team in any division.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2016, 10:27:13 PM »
It's one thing for Chelsea not to have to get beyond second gear to beat us comfortably but when it's an ordinary Bournmouth team, you start to wonder.

I think these players should expect more crowd stick then they are actually getting, we were pretty soft on them.

Offline supertom

« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2016, 10:48:15 PM »
It's one thing for Chelsea not to have to get beyond second gear to beat us comfortably but when it's an ordinary Bournmouth team, you start to wonder.

I think these players should expect more crowd stick then they are actually getting, we were pretty soft on them.
We should hand out BB guns before the next home game so everyone in the crowd can shoot the Villa players in the patches of extraneous flash where their balls should be.

Offline supertom

« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2016, 10:50:48 PM »
I wonder sometimes if some of our players win a place in the starting lineup by playing rock, paper, scissors with the manager. It's the only possible explanation for seeing utter fucking toss like Richardson coming back into the side.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2016, 01:00:28 AM »
I wonder sometimes if some of our players win a place in the starting lineup by playing rock, paper, scissors with the manager. It's the only possible explanation for seeing utter fucking toss like Richardson coming back into the side.

I honestly thought that starting line up today was the worst Villa line up I've seen in about 20 years.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2016, 01:29:35 AM »
Sorry I cried when Palace scored

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2016, 01:31:38 AM »
The thing about the line up today, is that as ludicrous as it sounds we still had a chance of staying up had we won out. Yes I know that was completely improbable but the manager at least needed to select a side that would give him the best chance of at starting that improbable run. Yet he probably picked the worst side (excluding Ayew and Gana) that he could have picked.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal