collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Taking back Villa  (Read 6803 times)

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
Re: Taking back Villa
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2016, 06:45:04 PM »
I'm all for people's opinions honestly guys and like I say what a great idea it was, can't wait to throw my paper plane from the Holte

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2016, 06:48:45 PM »
By the way where the hell is BIGADAMKNIGHT who should be backing us up

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2016, 11:55:55 PM »
Some of us remember the fantastic rabble-rousing speech by Howard Hodgson at the big VFC meeting in the Leisure Centre. All great and getting standing ovations until he dropped the bombshell:
"All we need is £500 from each and every one of you..."
Could have heard a pin drop if it hadn't been for the sniggering from the back.

Good luck and all that but 2.2million likes on Facebook means the grand total of fuck all unless one of them is a multi-billionaire oil baron.

Offline bigadamknight

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2016, 04:25:35 PM »
Apologies for not being online for the last week or so. 3 massive work projects are now finished so have a bit more headspace. I agree that the idea is crazy and perhaps we will need to wait and see if we bounce straight back up again or drop another division before the valuation became something that was more achievable.

The way other crowd funding things work is that people are investing but they can often just be buying a product before it is manufactured. I need to have a proper look into the financial statements from the club to see how much is generated from various revenue streams. So perhaps we could look to reward investors with discounted season tickets or shirts. Just to make it a little bit more valuable. The other side of it is that people often equate owning to being able to decide. I was an investor in the myfootballclub project a few years ago that bought Ebbsfleet United, which in theory was great but actually the voting on kit designs and commercial factors worked but the day to day football stuff has to be left to the people put in charge by the owners.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2016, 04:49:44 PM »
Some of us remember the fantastic rabble-rousing speech by Howard Hodgson at the big VFC meeting in the Leisure Centre. All great and getting standing ovations until he dropped the bombshell:
"All we need is £500 from each and every one of you..."
Could have heard a pin drop if it hadn't been for the sniggering from the back.

All we have to do is pretend our season tickets cost the same as Arsenal for 1 season - approx £1000.  We still have our seat and see more football (minutes of football).  20,000 season tickets = £10 million left over to wave at Randy.  Where the next 100 and odd million comes from I don't know.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal