collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The fantastic journey back (good vibes thread)  (Read 12058 times)

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
The fantastic journey back (good vibes thread)
« on: March 30, 2016, 08:57:34 PM »
David Bernstein :
I know that if things don't work out this season - and we still hope they will - the journey back is always very, very exciting.

I have been involved in that before and as you improve and start to get that success, it's a fantastic journey which the fans will enjoy enormously

This line stuck me when he said it and was also mentioned by some esteemed posters here. So maybe a thread to anticipate then relish next season as we stroll through the Championship is worth while?

Despite the negatives there are some facts. We will be the biggest club in the Championship, we will have the best balance sheet (according to Hollis) , we will have a new manager who will be getting players all approved of and found by our new footballing board which has real pro's on it.

Wwe have several players already who are a class above anything else in the Championship even before new additions plus some of our overpaid garbage is out of contract and will bugger off in May.

We can have our regular winning match post mortems talking about how we can improve and which players do not fit our new dynamic play rather than the usual.

So I am coming around to actually looking forward to next season, maybe we will be the bullies of the league coming back up fitter, leaner with a real sense of how we want our team to play.

Anyone other optimists looking forward to the fantastic journey back?

Offline Stirchley Villain

Re: The fantastic journey back (good vibes thread)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 09:03:05 PM »
To be honest I've really struggled to attend for the past couple of seasons. Even though I'm a ST holder it's been a real drag going every fortnight. I'm hoping that at least next season I can go to a game feeling optimistic and not resigned and dispirited. I wasn't going to renew next season, but I'm taking a leap of faith in doing so hoping for some good times. They've been few and far between over the last 6 years. So here's to the road back and any thrills and spills it can offer...

Online aj2k77

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 09:10:42 PM »
I'm sick of being negative. I'm tired of disliking players. I'm fed up of taking beatings and being the laughing stock club. I'm well ready for some positivity.

Offline django

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 09:14:37 PM »
At the start of next season I'll be wondering whether we can win the league. I haven't done that since I was in my first year of sixth form.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 09:29:47 PM »
New Season, New League, New Team, New Manager. Its all good!!

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 09:30:36 PM »
David Bernstein :
I know that if things don't work out this season - and we still hope they will - the journey back is always very, very exciting.

I have been involved in that before and as you improve and start to get that success, it's a fantastic journey which the fans will enjoy enormously

This line stuck me when he said it and was also mentioned by some esteemed posters here. So maybe a thread to anticipate then relish next season as we stroll through the Championship is worth while?

Despite the negatives there are some facts. We will be the biggest club in the Championship, we will have the best balance sheet (according to Hollis) , we will have a new manager who will be getting players all approved of and found by our new footballing board which has real pro's on it.

Wwe have several players already who are a class above anything else in the Championship even before new additions plus some of our overpaid garbage is out of contract and will bugger off in May.

We can have our regular winning match post mortems talking about how we can improve and which players do not fit our new dynamic play rather than the usual.

So I am coming around to actually looking forward to next season, maybe we will be the bullies of the league coming back up fitter, leaner with a real sense of how we want our team to play.

Anyone other optimists looking forward to the fantastic journey back?

Sorry mate but I.don't share your optimism just yet, although I do admire your positivity.
The players who are a class above (whoever they are) may not be here next season and our recruitment policy remains to be seen.
Hopefully, you're right and I'm wrong. The first indication will be the new manager, I've already said my first choice would be Dyche but I would be happy with Moyes for example,. I'm going to reserve my judgment on this new beginning

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 09:32:35 PM »
It will be ace not having to keep scrolling down to see where we are in the league. Or indeed to want to actually look at the league table. Seeing us win more than once every couple of months will be nice as well.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 09:34:37 PM »
There's numerous other threads to rant/moan/be negative/realistic etc on.

How about we keep just this one thread for positivity?

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 09:37:13 PM »
There's numerous other threads to rant/moan/be negative/realistic etc on.

How about we keep just this one thread for positivity?

Thought that was the idea. Ruined inside half a dozen posts. Can we start again?

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 10:08:08 PM »
Remember under SGT at Ipswich away first game, a flag in our end saying "Villa Revolution".

It was, and it was great.

Same again please.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 10:09:18 PM »
Perversely, I really want to see how this board handles this appointment. It's quite exciting. So is the summer transfer window.  I have hope and some faith in this board.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 10:20:05 PM »
Here's to getting to some new grounds! I think the away days will be the highlight of next season.

Online gnrpoison

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 10:58:55 PM »
Knowing we do not have to play Man U, Man City, Chelsea twice a season, although we will probably get them in the Cups won't we but then we are going to win both cup competitions.
Experiencing Second Tier Football, I was born June 1987 so can't really say i was there last time it happened.
Entering the League Cup at the First round for the first time in ages
Feeling like we can win every game.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 11:08:06 PM »
Playing Liverpool at home in the cup and doing a giant killing.

Offline exigo

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 11:08:48 PM »
I can still vividly remember beating Plymouth 5-2. I've just looked it up, it was 27 Feb 1988. There are games from two or three seasons ago that I couldn't begin to remember. That feeling of beating teams comfortably was epic.

Strangely, the week after we beat Bradford 1-0 I had my TB jab at school. The nurse said to think about something nice to take my mind off the injection. And I can still picture David Platt's header today.

Great times.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal