collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Eric Black  (Read 142774 times)

Offline SirSteveUK

Re: Eric Black
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2016, 11:54:24 AM »
Succinct, Dave

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 11:33:05 AM »
Eric Black would love to take maximum points from the closing games of 2015/16 - but says the No.1 requirement is bringing the pride and credibility back into Aston Villa.

Black takes charge against Chelsea on Saturday - and the coming encounters until a new manager is appointed, following the departure of Rémi Garde .

Black accepts it's been a hugely upsetting period for the Club but suggests now is the perfect time to plot an upward curve for the claret and blues.

He said: "We have to try and change something. I said that to the players.

"We have to take this next seven games and get some respect back into the Club and show the supporters what it means to the players.

"I can't do that - I can help that process. But ultimately I won't be out on the field.

"It's up to the players to show what it means to them.

"We have seven very difficult games - but very competitive games. We're not down yet and the Club now has to change direction.

"I would just like the fans to feel like we're heading in another direction. That's not their responsibility - it's the responsibility of the Club and the players.

"I just want them to feel like we've come to a line in the sand and we're now moving on with a different atmosphere.

"I can understand their frustrations. It's been an enormously difficult time for a fantastic football Club.

"But I think we need to look forward now and we need them with us without doubt, more than we need anyone else."

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2016, 12:03:19 PM »
When he wins every game and keeps us up do we keep him on or still go for Moyes?

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2016, 12:22:39 PM »
I think when he wins every game, the alarm goes off and it's Monday morning.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2016, 01:16:47 PM »
well he's just picked the same old shite as the previous 2 so it's a no from me

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 03:05:10 PM »
Eric Black would love to take maximum points from the closing games of 2015/16 - but says the No.1 requirement is bringing the pride and credibility back into Aston Villa.

Black takes charge against Chelsea on Saturday - and the coming encounters until a new manager is appointed, following the departure of Rémi Garde .

Black accepts it's been a hugely upsetting period for the Club but suggests now is the perfect time to plot an upward curve for the claret and blues.

He said: "We have to try and change something. I said that to the players.

"We have to take this next seven games and get some respect back into the Club and show the supporters what it means to the players.

"I can't do that - I can help that process. But ultimately I won't be out on the field.

"It's up to the players to show what it means to them.

"We have seven very difficult games - but very competitive games. We're not down yet and the Club now has to change direction.

"I would just like the fans to feel like we're heading in another direction. That's not their responsibility - it's the responsibility of the Club and the players.

"I just want them to feel like we've come to a line in the sand and we're now moving on with a different atmosphere.

"I can understand their frustrations. It's been an enormously difficult time for a fantastic football Club.

"But I think we need to look forward now and we need them with us without doubt, more than we need anyone else."
reading this in the context of that performance, and your next idea Mr Black is?

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2016, 03:05:25 PM »
Couldn't answer the question "do you think the team showed enough effort".

Online aj2k77

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2016, 03:20:51 PM »
Waste of time. Might as well black bag him in the canal as well and let the pricks manage themselves.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2016, 03:43:41 PM »
He was on a hiding to nothing and true to form he got a hiding. He saw first hand what it is like to manage this Aston Villa with us conceding twice inside a minute or so either side of HT. Fucking joke.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2016, 03:46:36 PM »
A no from me. The Adama decision really pissed me off. No imagination at all.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2016, 04:26:08 PM »
Selecting the same old shit, other than Agbonlahor, earned a no from me straight away.  Just as bad as anyone else but at least he tried to answer the questions put to him afterwards. But, another unmotivated performance from the team today when you would think that they would be trying to pave the way for their move to another club. 

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2016, 04:32:33 PM »
A no from me. The Adama decision really pissed me off. No imagination at all.

You keep mentioning that but how do you know he isn't match fit yet? He seems to be made of glass so it wouldn't be too surprising.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2016, 04:47:42 PM »
Adama was declared fit yesterday. Left out completely.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2016, 04:50:15 PM »
They said they would assess him in training yesterday to see if he was fit enough.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2016, 05:02:20 PM »
Not sure one young player would have changed todays game anyway tbh. Hard to do when 5 or 6 of the rest of them very obviously do not want to be playing for us at all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal