collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Eric Black  (Read 142954 times)

Offline avfcdale

Re: Eric Black
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 07:53:59 AM »
Holding the reigns until Steve Bruce comes in, in the summer.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 09:16:06 AM »
fuck me I hope not.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 09:29:09 AM »
At least it's not K bloody Mac.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 12:10:34 PM »

A sign of lessons being learned, hopefully.

Offline Boz

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 12:23:47 PM »
Well he can't be any worse.  Impossible to lose another 8 games in a row

Ah, but if we won all our remaining games, they'll be offering him the job.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 12:39:55 PM »
to be honest I'd like to think that they wouldn't.

Offline stuart r

• Location: Highley (Home of the Gerry Hitchens Fitness Suite at the local leisure centre- He started his career with Highley Miners Welfare)
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2016, 12:51:57 PM »
Three members of Aberdeen's 1983 Cup Winner Cup winning team have had involvement with Villa. McLeish, Neale Cooper and Eric Black. Four if you count Ferguson's intervention leading to McLeish's appointment.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 02:40:34 PM »

Indeed, I'm hoping the 'review' lands at his door soon.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2016, 02:44:51 PM »
to be honest I'd like to think that they wouldn't.

If he did and kept us up we'd all be demanding it!

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2016, 02:50:39 PM »
Imagine if he did something stupid like won 6 of the last 7, would we keep him? (In this highly likely hypothetical scenario, where I'm about to meet Mila Kunis after work for a drink).

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 03:00:05 PM »
xactly if he did it would be the biggest freak since Fright  Night 28 and it wouldn't be sustainable

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 06:06:04 PM »
Imagine if he did something stupid like won 6 of the last 7, would we keep him? (In this highly likely hypothetical scenario, where I'm about to meet Mila Kunis after work for a drink).

6 out of 7 would still relegate us.

7 out of 7 and keeping us up?  We'd build a statue!

Offline Dave Pountney

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 08:29:01 PM »

When the Hollis broom has finally swept clean by the time summer arrives, I hope Auntie Kev and Uncle Sid, the Hinge and Bracket of Bodymoor Heath, have disappeared too. Nice people, one an ex playing legend and the other an all round good guy who is popular with the kids at the Academy, but both bloody useless at their jobs. They've been running a very expensive Academy for years that just doesn't work. It's hardly generated a Premiership quality young player in 8 years. Don't give me Clark, Grealish and Baker, please, and the few who have made it to first team football are plying their trade in the Championship and Division 1 (Lichaj, Baker, Weimann, Hogg, Lowry, Burke, Robinson, Johnson, Bannon etc). Oh, I forgot, I see two of them are currently gracing Division 2 when they're not pissing into pint pots at high profile race meetings in the full glare of the press. Forget tinpot Under 18 trophies, the Villa Academy is a running joke; an unproductive white elephant that is a conveyor belt to obscurity for footballing mediocrities. Not even a Demarei Gray or Nathan Redmond, let alone a Barkley, Kane, Mason, Stones or Shaw. The whole bloody shambles needs a drastic overhaul, starting with a cull of the current coaching and recruitment staff. Like nearly every other part of what is a thoroughly rotten organisation, the Villa Academy has been an abject failure for many years. MacDonald and Cowans aren't totally responsible for what's gone wrong, but they're part of the lazy and complacent comfort blanket that has descended on a once proud club, suffocating it to near death.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 08:54:52 PM »
Oh I dunno last seven this season and the first next season should do it.
You mean there are still 21 points to be won? Come on Eric  this is your time son win all 7 and I will polish your shoes for the rest of your life!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2016, 09:00:45 PM »

When the Hollis broom has finally swept clean by the time summer arrives, I hope Auntie Kev and Uncle Sid, the Hinge and Bracket of Bodymoor Heath, have disappeared too. Nice people, one an ex playing legend and the other an all round good guy who is popular with the kids at the Academy, but both bloody useless at their jobs. They've been running a very expensive Academy for years that just doesn't work. It's hardly generated a Premiership quality young player in 8 years. Don't give me Clark, Grealish and Baker, please, and the few who have made it to first team football are plying their trade in the Championship and Division 1 (Lichaj, Baker, Weimann, Hogg, Lowry, Burke, Robinson, Johnson, Bannon etc). Oh, I forgot, I see two of them are currently gracing Division 2 when they're not pissing into pint pots at high profile race meetings in the full glare of the press. Forget tinpot Under 18 trophies, the Villa Academy is a running joke; an unproductive white elephant that is a conveyor belt to obscurity for footballing mediocrities. Not even a Demarei Gray or Nathan Redmond, let alone a Barkley, Kane, Mason, Stones or Shaw. The whole bloody shambles needs a drastic overhaul, starting with a cull of the current coaching and recruitment staff. Like nearly every other part of what is a thoroughly rotten organisation, the Villa Academy has been an abject failure for many years. MacDonald and Cowans aren't totally responsible for what's gone wrong, but they're part of the lazy and complacent comfort blanket that has descended on a once proud club, suffocating it to near death.

Just one short of a full house. If only you'd asked how low we've sunk.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal