collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Eric Black  (Read 142317 times)

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
Re: Eric Black
« Reply #1170 on: March 20, 2017, 08:54:31 PM »
How has that useless fucker got a job at a Premier League club?
I think it was solely due to him being fluent in French like his new boss.There can't be another reason surely ? 🤔

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #1171 on: March 20, 2017, 11:31:41 PM »
What I don't understand is why Black, having identified this toxic atmosphere, made no apparent attempt to do something about it.  Blaming it lets him off the hook, he was the manager, it was his job to try and stamp it out.  The “protecting the kids” line is a cop out; if he wanted to save them from the toxic atmosphere he should have tackled the root cause of it. It’s like me choosing to keep my new bike in the house because there’s a hole in the shed roof and I don’t want the bike getting damp and rusty; so my bike stays shiny and unspoilt but meanwhile my deckchairs are growing layers of mould and my strimmer’s buggered.  Keeping the bike inside doesn’t solve the problem: at some point someone’s got to fix the bloody hole, and all the while the job is getting bigger and the shed stinks.

Black fuelled the toxic atmosphere by pandering to those responsible for it.  You could argue that he set a terrible example for the youngsters he was apparently protecting by letting them see such colossally shit attitudes go unpunished.  What sort of message did that send?  That fifty percent effort is enough?  That you can play like a bag of shite then mock the fans on social media and you still won’t get dropped?   Let’s hope not, but that’s certainly the message the fans got.  And he wonders why the atmosphere was toxic?  Whether the youngsters would have been booed too in defeat I don't know; what I do know is that picking the same wasters week after week absolutely guaranteed anger and booing and some very ugly afternoons.

Black should have rounded up the fuckers, thrown them in a bunker and imprisoned them behind gates Ross McCormack could only dream of.  He was in a short-term role, he had nothing to lose.  Sadly he was the same as them; happy just picking up his wages and phoning in some half-arsed attempt at a semblance of an effort.

What I particularly loathe about this craven arse crawling out to tell the world how nothing was his fault is that it prolongs this insidious narrative that Villa fans boo their own, that we're hard to please, that we're fickle.  Given the rubbish we've had to endure recently it's a wonder any of us turn up at all, yet we do, in huge numbers and in phenomenal style.  It takes significant twattery to get us booing en masse, so if we were doing that then Black and his mates earned it. That's the story here.  It's not us, it's them. 

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1172 on: March 21, 2017, 08:14:12 AM »
Too right my furry friend.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1173 on: March 21, 2017, 05:54:36 PM »
Well said. Now stop digging in your fucking sandbox at night.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1174 on: March 21, 2017, 06:12:36 PM »
A succinct rodent rant that is very difficult to argue with. 

Offline Rico

« Reply #1175 on: March 22, 2017, 05:31:04 PM »
Can someone help me out please. What/who is an African Car Reverser?

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #1176 on: March 22, 2017, 05:39:41 PM »

Offline Rico

« Reply #1177 on: March 22, 2017, 06:08:29 PM »
Thanks for that. Now I understand. "African Car Reverser" great name for a pop group!

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1178 on: March 22, 2017, 09:21:46 PM »
Even seeing his name pisses me off. Another cowardly parasite.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1179 on: March 22, 2017, 09:51:23 PM »
He was probably the most instrumental in Adama wanting to go. There was absolutely no reason to leave him out of the last 10 games or so; we were down by then anyway.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1180 on: March 22, 2017, 10:09:37 PM »
He was probably the most instrumental in Adama wanting to go. There was absolutely no reason to leave him out of the last 10 games or so; we were down by then anyway.

Adama is hardly a loss though is he?
Honestly I don't know what the big deal is about Black. When in years to come when we compile a list of all the bad guys who did this club wrong he won't even register.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1181 on: March 22, 2017, 10:27:44 PM »

Adama is hardly a loss though is he?
Honestly I don't know what the big deal is about Black. When in years to come when we compile a list of all the bad guys who did this club wrong he won't even register.

I think its because he gave off the impression (to me at least) that the thing he most actively disliked about the club was the fans. It seemed like his ideal scenario was we all keep quiet while he could get us relegated with the minimum effort so he could move on.  His post leaving comments have added to that impression.

I just don't think he likes us and I dont like him because of it .
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:29:28 PM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1182 on: March 23, 2017, 05:16:38 AM »
Dont forget he was at The Sty for a good few years so the fucktard had probably already formed an opinion about us from that.     

Offline peter w

« Reply #1183 on: March 23, 2017, 05:28:23 AM »
From April 2016:

"I don't know if [players] lack quality. There's just elements that have been surrounding the club that have made certain things difficult.

"Players react to that, whether you like it or not. So we have to try and strip that away or at least remove it for the time being to try and get them focussed on playing football of a Saturday.

"That's all we can do.

"What we're dealing with here is human beings, who have their own thoughts on things and they have external influences.

"They see things that are happening in the media, make their mind up on it and sometimes they've made the right judgement on it, sometimes they haven't.

"Things have happened that don't normally happen very often to a group of players.

"I'm sure they will take their responsibilities, as all of us will, because the club has been relegated and nobody wants to be anywhere near that.

"Unfortunately I don't know the ins and outs of what's happened. I've only been here for seven or eight weeks or whatever it is, so I can only judge on certain things.

"I'm sure everyone has a responsibility because these things don't normally happen by chance.

"I'm sure everyone involved here, whether you're a player, coach, manager, owner or director, they'll all feel guilty towards it.

"But it's over now and we have to move on and we have to find the quickest way back to the Premier League."

When asked if he thinks Villa is still an attractive proposition for an incoming manager or owner, Black added: "I think it's a fantastic football club and again, from the exterior, I thought it was a fantastic football club, but now having worked in it I know it's a fantastic football club.

"It's been wounded badly at the moment and it needs to come back.

"It's a big step to come back and I'm sure nobody's under any illusion that this is just going to spring back into the Premier League without a lot of hardship and diligent work.

"But I'm confident that the people that will be put in charge will do that and it'll be great to see Villa back in the Premier League as soon as possible."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal