collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Players  (Read 16897 times)

Offline exigo

Re: The Players
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2016, 01:09:17 PM »
At least the club had the decency to put forward a player who's put in some effort this season for a fundraising photo.

You can imagine how a picture of Gabby or Richards asking fans to give hard-earned money would have gone down.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2016, 01:17:21 PM »
A decentish choice. I quite like Hutton's style.

Pictures of Gabby smoking shisha starting to emerge. What a dope.

A question out of ignorance on my part. Is shisha a drug, like cannabis or similar? Is it illegal or performance enhancing or on any banned substance list?

I think you can guess where I'm going with this...

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2016, 01:37:02 PM »
Be interesting on Saturday if the players put a shift in and we have a go

would the crowd perceive it as being the Manager had no ability to motivate, coach or pick a decent team?

Or the players showing that "They" rule the roost and collectively got him the push

I think if an element of the latter came about and they looked like they actually gave a shit now I would want them given pelters as they are obviously all cnuts

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2016, 01:47:47 PM »

A question out of ignorance on my part. Is shisha a drug, like cannabis or similar? Is it illegal or performance enhancing or on any banned substance list?

No, it is a water pipe used for smoking dried fruit Tabaco like substances and is popular in the middle east. Sadly there is no chance of Gabby being locked up in a Dubai prison.

Offline DaveD

• Twitter
  • GM : 26.12.2015
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2016, 02:04:49 PM »

No, it is a water pipe used for smoking dried fruit Tabaco like substances and is popular in the middle east. Sadly there is no chance of Gabby being locked up in a Dubai prison.

Yep, has become quite popular in Cyprus too. And as it's tobacco, it's performance detracting. Although how Gabby could get any worse escapes me.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2016, 02:20:33 PM »
Can anyone with more interest/knowledge of other clubs' players tell me, has there ever been a club that has so many players that are hated/despised by their own fans at the same time as the Villa has now?  It seems almost unthinkable.

They dig their own graves by posting on Twitter

There's probably a correlation between those who post on twitter and those that are hated the most.

I would say the same for most struggling clubs

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2016, 02:25:04 PM »
There isn't a single player in the squad that I'd be sorry to see leave in the summer.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2016, 02:29:06 PM »
There isn't a single player in the squad that I'd be sorry to see leave in the summer.

I think my only two would be Amavi and Traore, but that's probably as they haven't played for ages. I would have said Veretout and Ayew previously, but I'm not that fussed anymore.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2016, 02:33:44 PM »
makes you wonder if the dressing room is run on the lines of the prison showers,

you know who runs this place , it aint the governor!

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »

I think my only two would be Amavi and Traore, but that's probably as they haven't played for ages. I would have said Veretout and Ayew previously, but I'm not that fussed anymore.

To be honest I'd forgotten about those two so they can be spared as they showed promise!

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2016, 03:02:15 PM »
Can anyone with more interest/knowledge of other clubs' players tell me, has there ever been a club that has so many players that are hated/despised by their own fans at the same time as the Villa has now?  It seems almost unthinkable.
I have never disliked a villa team as much as I despise these players.
They are an absoloutely disgrace, I am sure there are some decent people amongst them but it is hard to see past Bacuna Gabby Richards Richardson Guzan

Offline croatian

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2016, 03:24:54 PM »
makes you wonder if the dressing room is run on the lines of the prison showers,

you know who runs this place , it aint the governor!
Gabby drops the soap?

Offline malckennedy

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 03:44:58 PM »
I have never disliked a villa team as much as I despise these players.
They are an absoloutely disgrace, I am sure there are some decent people amongst them but it is hard to see past Bacuna Gabby Richards Richardson Guzan
Think I might give my ST (had the same seat in Lower Holte since it was built) up as have never felt so down about Villa, having first watched them in 1964. Never thought I would but I just can't imagine wanting good things to happen for most of these bastards. This is perverse because clearly that would mean my club benefiting too. It's got that bad and I'm off to Cornwall instead of going to Chelsea match. At least my wife will be pleased.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 04:02:12 PM »
I am pleased that this thread was started because most of them really are a bunch of feckless, useless, idle wankers and it is totally on-topic to say so in here. I hope to see their role (both on and off the pitch) more widely reported in the press, with special attention given to Agbonlahor and Richards. Nothing would make me happier (other than Lerner selling to a deep-pocketed, serious new owner) than to see those two sent packing. Since this is unlikely to happen, I will settle for every Villa fan at every ground greeting every one of their touches (not many in Agbonlahor's case, I know) with raucous contempt, the "wankers" gesture, booing and WANKER! chants. I would fucking love it! WANKERS!

Sorry for repeating myself on a few threads but they really are wankers.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2016, 04:03:24 PM »
I have never, ever advocated booing / berating our players - I've had arguments in the past when its happened at games.

But right now, I absolutely despise some of this team - not all of them (some just ain't good enough) - I'd be happy to see Richards, Gabby, Lescott, Bacuna and Guzan get absolute pelters against Chelsea.

Their contempt for us has been apparent for a long time. Time for some payback.

Reminding them that they're not fit to wear the shirt would be a good place to start.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal