collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New manager- when will it happen?  (Read 17278 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: New manager- when will it happen?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 11:01:22 PM »
I really hope those bookies / punters are clueless.

The leading foreign manager is ....... Di Canio?????

I saw Bosko Balaban's name on one.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 11:06:12 PM »
Runners and riders.

Just looked at some of the names on the list, Ally McCoist, Billy Davies I'm sure the bookies won't get many bets on them.

Some of those names are really scary!  Mclaren proved with Derby that he can't get a team out of the Championship.  Someone from Warbuton, Dyche, Rodgers (arn't going to happen), Moyes (arn't going to happen), Clarke, Monk or Pearson would do. 

The time to get Moyes was November when we appointed Garde, really can't see him taking over a Championship club, he knows that he could get a top flight job if he waits.  But I do think that it makes sense to try and get whoever it is in before the end of the season to give them that headstart for next season, but I fear than that won't happen.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 11:14:49 PM »
Maybe, but when you have managed in the Prem for years at a big club, then managed United, and had a stint in Spain, what is more appealing. Being the man that restores Villa or taking one of a huge number of smaller clubs that you might be offered in the premier league? In Moyes position, the conditions are just about perfect. We have a board, a structure in place to improve, and whoever gets it right from here is going to be revered in a Sir GT like manner.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 11:16:09 PM »
If ever there was a right man/right place combination it's us and Moyes.

Yes, I agree Dave. He has the right credentials for us and being part of rebuilding a big club will allow him to rebuild his reputation.
It's perfect for him and us, let's hope it's been happening behind the scenes while they have been agreeing terms with Remi.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 11:17:01 PM »
Maybe, but when you have managed in the Prem for years at a big club, then managed United, and had a stint in Spain, what is more appealing. Being the man that restores Villa or taking one of a huge number of smaller clubs that you might be offered in the premier league? In Moyes position, the conditions are just about perfect. We have a board, a structure in place to improve, and whoever gets it right from here is going to be revered in a Sir GT like manner.

Well that challenge is the one big selling point for Moyes right now, and that is our best hope of getting him.  I still have my doubts,but if it did happen then great.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 11:19:06 PM »
Start of next season with Moyes on unofficial scouting duty alongside Sir Brian until then, locked up on a pre contract agreement.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 11:19:23 PM »
I agree it's a long shot. But his people obviously sounded the come get me hooter last week.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 11:21:53 PM »
I'll say one thing, if Moyes wants a decent way to rebuild his reputation, then getting us promoted quickly and even mid tablish would be an obvious way of doing it.

Offline Le Lapin

• GM : 14.10.2022
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 11:22:12 PM »
Pearson is another gamble by the club, just as Remi, Sherwood, Lambert and McLeish were gambles. Our gambles have failed. The team that takes the field at the weekend is a monument to all these failed managers. A badly run club. Just get a manager in with experience, gravitas and a long term vision for the club. No gobshites.  Pearson nearly had Leicester relegated before they went on that run to stay up. He is not what we need.  He's another gamble. 

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 11:23:04 PM »
At least it ain't Kev Mac, he disgraced himself last team he picked

And the time before that

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 11:24:13 PM »

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 11:26:58 PM »
There's only one option that makes sense. I hope the club have the nous to be flexible as necessary in order to get him.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2016, 11:27:45 PM »
Pearson is another gamble by the club, just as Remi, Sherwood, Lambert and McLeish were gambles. Our gambles have failed. The team that takes the field at the weekend is a monument to all these failed managers. A badly run club. Just get a manager in with experience, gravitas and a long term vision for the club. No gobshites.  Pearson nearly had Leicester relegated before they went on that run to stay up. He is not what we need.  He's another gamble. 

But don't you think that he deserves credit for Leicester's likely title win?  The momentum started at the back end of last season and really the current manager has had very little to do since.  Because of Pearson's hot head then it would be a gamble, but I do think at least short term he would do the job.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2016, 11:28:48 PM »
Runners and riders.

Brings it home to me just how few quality options we have

No just exposes how limited an imagination and knowledge the bookies and punters have. Petrov and Thierry Henry on the list?  Really?

Offline Le Lapin

• GM : 14.10.2022
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2016, 11:39:06 PM »

But don't you think that he deserves credit for Leicester's likely title win?  The momentum started at the back end of last season and really the current manager has had very little to do since.  Because of Pearson's hot head then it would be a gamble, but I do think at least short term he would do the job.

No. Ranieri and the team deserve credit for that. Yes it's the team he put together and he deserves some credit for that.  Do you honestly think that he is the best man to stabilise a big club like Villa, build a new squad and bring us back up next season and then build from that?  The guy would be under the microscope here. Don't think it will work.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal