collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Adrian Bevington  (Read 27169 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Adrian Bevington
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 12:29:14 PM »
At the very least, next time one of these plodders contracts is coming to an end I have more faith that they now won't be given new 5 yr deals.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 12:54:31 PM »
Finally we're acting like a football club that's focused on football.

Offline Boz

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 12:59:41 PM »
It's either a sound appointment, or a job for the boys, but his knowledge and experience should take the club forward on a sounder base than for a long time. Just hope they appoint the right manager and Randy provides appropriate funding for new players and paying off those who need to go.

UTV

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 01:01:41 PM »
We have all questioned the lack of football experience on the board of directors for some time, I have to say I am really impressed with the new Chairmans appointments to address this. Yes it may take a season in the Championship to sort out the football but at least we've got our house in order off the field.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 01:09:31 PM »
Making these boardroom appointments should get us back on an even keel faster but also help convince Garde's replacement that we actually want to operate as a professional football club again. Attracting someone like Moyes, a more established manager in the game, who had a very secure relationship with Kenwright for example might have taken more convincing if it was just Randy/Fox in charge of affairs. He might the consider the position more attractive now with a more convincing set up at the club backing his intentions and goals.

Offline cdward

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 01:28:45 PM »
I think Hollis is playing his part extremely well. He admitted he knew very little about running a football club, so he now has a section of the board to oversee all the football decisions, while he can concentrate on running the business side of the club.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 01:31:21 PM »
Making these boardroom appointments should get us back on an even keel faster but also help convince Garde's replacement that we actually want to operate as a professional football club again. Attracting someone like Moyes, a more established manager in the game, who had a very secure relationship with Kenwright for example might have taken more convincing if it was just Randy/Fox in charge of affairs. He might the consider the position more attractive now with a more convincing set up at the club backing his intentions and goals.

I agree

After the basket case decisions of recent years and managers not exactly being disappointed to get out, I think there is a lot of value in showing the next man in that the club has sorted itself out and will provide a stable footing from the boardroom down. Something a Moyes, or enticing another club's manager might well appreciate the value of.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 01:40:04 PM »
Hopefully his focus is on media & PR which he always seemed on top of with England.  I know the incompetence of the club has made it easy but it has seemed that some journalists / publications have been almost too eager to bring bad news and push the poison - suggests all is not well betw media and club. 

A fair percentage of our fan base get their info from the likes of the Mail or shudder at the thought WM so the club can't think it can do its PR through AVTV they need to engage the media, you never know one day we may see or hear something positive said.

Offline MillerBall

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 01:58:22 PM »
For the first time in many years the Club have made a series of appointments where there at least appears to be some experience and credibility that will be brought into the post by the new arrivals. For some two years (arguably) the Club has been up for Sale and many of the previous appointments have perhaps reflected a very short term plan (yes, it is possible that there may have been a plan in place - hard to believe I know) just to keep things ticking over.
For the fifth season in a row the team have been very poor and the "keeping things ticking over" has essentially meant, more of the same sub standard fare that has meant the Villa have, until now, remained in the Premeriership by a series of narrow margins.
Lets hope that a newly organised Villa can at least stop (a) Wasting huge sums of money (b) Actually start winining a few games and (c) Start to regain some of the respect that we have well and truly lost. I am sure that there are a (d) and an (e) and indeed plent of points through to a (z).
Indeed trying to get rid of some of our higher earning wasters will be a challenge it itself.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 02:08:53 PM »
On the comments Hollis made in a recent interview was that the club had essentially lost touch with the fans and that there was a real need to re-establish that connection. That and our black hole size void in PR that he has quickly identified as something that needed to addressed. Well done Mr Hollis

Offline peter w

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
If we could just play board against board we'd do a lot better. I'm starting to wonder who was the person who first mooted the idea of Hollis, and who then brought in Bevingtion. Bernstein? And who brought him in? King? it's all great and at the moment every appointment seems to be a positive step. but...I think in time we'll see Hollis relinquish the reigns as he was never fully committed to it it seems and he may be here to appoint those that he thinks should be put in place when he leaves. It makes sense of the advisory role given to Sir Bri and I think Bernstein will be the chairman going forward.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 05:25:27 PM »
the proof will be in the summer when we are preparing for life in the Championship and we have a new manager at the helm. The support that the board give him will indicate exactly how committed they are, but right now they have done a lot of very good things, needed things in short order. This has to go somewhere now, and once the dust has settled on the inquiry all we want is to see it transfer to results on the pitch. The board love-in will dissipate quickly if the manager isn't backed and the team (at a lower level) isn't winning.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2016, 06:41:16 PM »
When do we reach the point when we've made too many appointments at board/executive level?  Heavens knows we've been missing leadership and relevant experience at the top of the club, but the proverbial too many cooks is now coming to mind.

A case of throwing lots of mud at a wall and hoping some of it sticks? Who knows, at least these are people with footballing experience. We could employ another 10 of them but as long as we start getting our shit together it wont bother me. I think it's a sign that the rudderless chaos is at an end myself.
That's just what I was thinking.  I'm getting more and more optimistic. The rebuilding of Aston Villa is genuinely looking like a promising and coherent plan. At last! Get this season out of the way get rid of the feckless tossers who have worn the famous shirt with zero pride. Bring in a dynamic hungry young manager and let the squad rebuilding begin

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2016, 07:14:18 PM »
He must be good, he's already got a road near the ground named after him.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2016, 07:18:06 PM »
Adrian Avenue. I know it well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal