collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Adrian Bevington  (Read 27142 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Adrian Bevington
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2016, 11:48:59 AM »
I've never used the term and don't recall hearing it very often but I never knew it was offensive.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2016, 12:32:56 PM »
Well, you learn something new every day.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2016, 01:32:27 PM »
With the review of the playing staff and the obvious answer, is get rid of all, they are all shit, since we need to do this as cost effectively as possible, maybe Bevington was tasked with talking to some of these tossers agents, i.e. Gabby, Bactwat, Richards, Guzan and trying to find out exactly what percentage of their remaining, hopefully relegated clause contracts they would require to be shifted.

Also with the sale, we know Randy has wanted out, so the talks could have been going on for a lot longer than we thought, but only over the last say 3 to 4 weeks has a serious intentioned buyer been identified, so that also saw the departure of Bernie and King, as their remit was changed to sit on your hands boys orders from the man child, a deal is on the cards. There e-mail content something like ' Yeah where has the stupid twat heard that before"

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2016, 03:16:15 PM »
I've never used the term and don't recall hearing it very often but I never knew it was offensive.

I have heard that term a handful of times over the years but always assumed it was just a generic word like doofus or eejit. I had no idea it was based on a person. I was living in Paris back in pre-internet days then so other than Villa results was clueless about a lot of UK stuff.

I knew some Aussies years back who used Joey as a term for a person whose name they didn't know - equivalent to bloke or geezer.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2016, 03:19:47 PM »

I knew some Aussies years back who used Joey as a term for a person whose name they didn't know - equivalent to bloke or geezer.

I think that is the only context I've heard it in.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2016, 06:30:54 PM »
We had a "beer wench" we hired for the day at the cricket in Australia once.

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2016, 12:36:33 AM »
We had a "beer wench" we hired for the day at the cricket in Australia once.

Coincidentally we were in the Cock at Highbury tube before the game on Sunday and Chico and a couple of others were discussing this concept from cricket matches. Lo and behold, the pub had employed a member  of staff to deliver beer to customers in the beer garden - no queuing, and she brought change back too. Cracking idea.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal