collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Adrian Bevington  (Read 27171 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Adrian Bevington
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 11:16:29 AM »
I recognise the name but can't say I know a great deal about him. He's been in the game long enough so he's got the experience which his good.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 11:16:36 AM »
We're gonna need a bigger car park. Didn't he follow Faulkner to Forest?

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 11:18:35 AM »
With this many cooks, the broth is bound to be delicious.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 11:19:14 AM »
He's well thought of in the game and if he can help sort out our appaling media relations so much the better.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 11:21:16 AM »
When do we reach the point when we've made too many appointments at board/executive level?  Heavens knows we've been missing leadership and relevant experience at the top of the club, but the proverbial too many cooks is now coming to mind.

A case of throwing lots of mud at a wall and hoping some of it sticks? Who knows, at least these are people with footballing experience. We could employ another 10 of them but as long as we start getting our shit together it wont bother me. I think it's a sign that the rudderless chaos is at an end myself.

He's working with the board, not on the board, with what sounds like a very specific brief, just as Little is acting as advisor to the board.  It takes more work to identify what changes are required and get them in place, along with recruiting the appropriate people, than to run the thing on a day to day basis.

Expect his involvement to be finished by Christmas at the latest and probably by the summer.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 11:22:36 AM »
Bevington is a lot younger than I thought. I assumed that he was up around Bernstein's age but he's only in his mid-forties

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 11:23:23 AM »
From the way the statement is worded, sounds like he's more of an advisor like Sir Brian, rather than a permanent appointment.  Probably makes sense, as the next and most important decision to make and get right is the choice of manager. 

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2016, 11:26:07 AM »
He was doing a similar job  at Notts Forest since last August  , but stories surfaced this week that he had not been at the City Ground for some time. Their owner,  Al Hasawi, is quoted as saying "I would like to deny recent reports that Adrian Bevington is no longer employed by me." 
His strengths appear to be P.R & Communications, so if he does bring those to the Club , itīs not a moment too soon!........Godzvilla!
p.s..I think he also does Press Reviews on Talkshite.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 12:01:15 PM »
I'd just like to be the first to say that this is a master stroke that shows that we're now back on the right track and / or further damning evidence of what our once great club has now become.

I'd just like to add that this just adds to the farce and-or is the club is now free of farce and farcical intentions.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2016, 12:20:05 PM »
He's already co-written one football book titled "Doom to Boom", maybe he's looking for material for a sequel.

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 12:22:03 PM »
Considering the Ģ25m spunked on Zog, I think a collection what appears to be "board level experienced english football people' to bring some kind of sanity to the proceedings.

From an organisational point of view, there should be legal, marketing, sales, stadium, supporter relations, ticketing, youth development, player liaison, transport, catering, safety and above all player/manager recruitment all handled with professionalism and experience.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
Do you think people call him Bevy for short ?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 12:25:11 PM »
So now after years of us saying that we need to appoint people with the relevant experience, we've appointed Hollis with vast experience of restructuring, King with vast experience of the financial sector, Bevington with vast experience of PR, Bernstein with vast experience of running football clubs and Little with a lifetime of football knowledge.

And the first reaction of some:

shame Holis was not as prolific signing players in January

And yet Riley remains in post.

Talk about finding negatives out of positives.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 12:26:22 PM »
Sounds like a sensible appointment.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 12:27:29 PM »
Do you think people call him Bevy for short ?

Makes it easier for the banners

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal