collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 39 Years ago today  (Read 4120 times)

Offline castlefields_villan

39 Years ago today
« on: May 10, 2016, 12:34:13 PM »
Lost at the Sty 2-1 - after going ahead through Dixie Deehan.

As I remember we were coasting until 10 minutes before the end when Terry Hibbert levelled, out of nothing and shortly afterwards came one of the worst decisions ever when Andy Gray was adjudged to push Francis and he scored their winner from the resulting penalty.

Leighton Phillips was sent off in the first half and Andy Gray had a good game as centre half partner to Chris Nicholl (only tarnished by that dodgy decision).

I remember it made front page headlines on the front of the Evening Mail the next day "DID HE DIVE OR WAS HE PUSHED ?"

I was with a couple of friends on the right hand corner of the Tilton (where it meets the main stand) - anyone else remember this rather annoying occasion ?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:42:29 PM by castlefields_villan »

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
Re: 39 Years ago today
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 07:56:11 PM »
Yes i remember that game Castlefields as i was also there. We were cheated ,It was a blatant dive by Francis,i remember him doing the same against us for Forest at the City Ground .I must admit i had forgot Phillips had been sent off in that game but i do remember Gray playing as a centre half and playing pretty well .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal