collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: David Bernstein Speaks.  (Read 16175 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

David Bernstein Speaks.
« on: March 21, 2016, 04:48:03 PM »

Offline maigrait

• GM : 12.07.2019
Re: David Bernstein Speaks.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 04:52:54 PM »
Yes says all the right stuff without cheesy cliches. Fingers crossed it works out and he has a positive effect.

Thanks for posting the link.

Offline alan_clarke

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 04:54:47 PM »
I'd rather have the board we have in place now than have been taken over by a bunch of unknowns. Hollis just needs to keep Randy at arms length and let the new team get on with things!

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 04:57:56 PM »
Dandruff shampoo's are cheap these days David (or an unfortunate suit design) :)

Good comments though!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »
I'd rather have the board we have in place now than have been taken over by a bunch of unknowns. Hollis just needs to keep Randy at arms length and let the new team get on with things!

This is what gets overlooked sometimes - it doesn't matter who does it as long as it gets done. All that matters is that the club is run properly and if it is, the owner's name is irrelevant.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 05:03:11 PM »

This is what gets overlooked sometimes - it doesn't matter who does it as long as it gets done. All that matters is that the club is run properly and if it is, the owner's name is irrelevant.

I'd add to that, that we clearly still need Lerner's money (which, despite shouty shouts to the contrary, he's clearly been backing is with).

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 05:05:53 PM »

Beat me to it Mr. Woodhall and reading between the lines it's what Bernstein is saying.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 05:07:56 PM »
I've only just realised that Randy is now a board member, along with the General, Mervyn King, David Bernstein and chaired by Hollis.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 05:12:03 PM »
Didn't know he was a villa fan! I like what he says. I really think that the team that has been assembled is going to take the club in the direction we all long for. This a seriously heavyweight board that has been assembled. Bring it on.
AVFC. VTID.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 05:12:25 PM »
I particularly like the reference to the ride back being very exciting.  If I am spared the next will be my fourth and I can confirm it is sight better than being humiliated every week.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 05:15:45 PM »
Didn't know he was a villa fan!

He's not, he supports Man City but his father and uncle were Villa fans.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 05:16:00 PM »

Randy wants to be kept at arms length, he doesn't want to get involved, he just wants someone else who is capable to do the job he doesn't want to do any more
the problem is he has made mistakes with the personal in the past and it keeps coming back on to him he just wants someone to take it off him so he can get on with what he gets on with

interfering is not what he does or wants to do

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 05:17:24 PM »
I particularly like the reference to the ride back being very exciting.  If I am spared the next will be my fourth and I can confirm it is sight better than being humiliated every week.

Hmm well spotted, that is a good way to look at things.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 05:17:58 PM »

It goes along with the argument about Randy's attendance at games. If the club was being run well, like Spurs as an example, whether Randy or in Spurs' case Joe Lewis attends or not would be irrelevant.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »
Bernstein speaks very well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal