collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season tickets next season - what will they do?  (Read 84819 times)

Offline Hoppo

Re: 2016-17 Season Tickets
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 03:27:08 AM »
I think your more in danger from Small Heaths lot than our own.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

Re: 2016-17 Season Tickets
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2016, 07:31:38 AM »
not sure i get it

fans telling the club how to price tickets, what next?

what team should be picked? how the grass should be be cut on the pitch? what brand of pies to sell?

Offline cheltenhamlion

Re: Season tickets next season - what will they do?
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 09:14:42 AM »
One of the criticisms constantly thrown at the club is they don't do anything imaginative on ticket sales. They won't fill the ground next year by freezing prices. Why not give them some ideas that might keep people coming through the doors next season and that would be palatable to our worn down support?

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2016, 10:25:01 AM »
One of the criticisms constantly thrown at the club is they don't do anything imaginative on ticket sales. They won't fill the ground next year by freezing prices. Why not give them some ideas that might keep people coming through the doors next season and that would be palatable to our worn down support?

I've had conversations in the past with both Nicky Keye and Paul Faulkener about our ticket prices. Surely the objective is to fill our ground, not just for the next game, but for the next x number of years, kids ticket prices being the key to the longer term goal.

All they throw back at you is that our prices are good compared to other clubs. That's true, but isn't really that relevant. It doesn't matter to me how much other clubs charge, I'm not going to start going elsewhere because they are £5 cheaper than Villa. This applies to all Villa fans I would assume. Ticket prices at Villa are what gets the fans through the doors, not how much our tickets are compared with Everton, Stoke, Hull etc

They really need to get the kids through the doors next season when, hopefully, we will be winning more home games. If they don't. they will lose the next generation of potential Villa fans to becoming TV fans of Man City, Utd, Chelsea etc

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 10:32:17 AM »
They've obviously been struggling with what to do - this time last year ST's were already on sale, and the year before they went on sale in March. My guess is they'll wait until we're mathematically relegated (Saturday) then come out with what's on offer and, like others, I think it will be a price freeze with the supposed sweetener that we'll get more games. Surely they won't be so stupid that they'll put prices up. Will they?

Offline HolmesyVilla

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2016, 10:42:10 AM »
First game should be free

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 10:58:21 AM »
The "get more games" thing is both an understandable argument and an annoying one.

Yes, "more games", only they're against the likes of Burton Albion and MK Dons.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2016, 11:08:14 AM »
The "get more games" thing is both an understandable argument and an annoying one.

Yes, "more games", only they're against the likes of Burton Albion and MK Dons.

And something like 6 out of the 23 home games are Tuesday nights, so actually about the same number of weekend games as this season, I'll definitely want a reduction if I'm renewing.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2016, 11:19:39 AM »
Yeah the prospect of playing the likes Rotherham on a freezing wet Tuesday night in January doesn't bear thinking about and, although I'll renew, I may start missing a few games at VP

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2016, 11:38:57 AM »
I was seriously considering dropping my ST next season, and picking up tickets for each game, however I intend to get an away ST next season and I don't think you can get one without the other...foiled!!

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2016, 01:38:47 PM »
I've had conversations in the past with both Nicky Keye and Paul Faulkener about our ticket prices. Surely the objective is to fill our ground, not just for the next game, but for the next x number of years, kids ticket prices being the key to the longer term goal.

All they throw back at you is that our prices are good compared to other clubs. That's true, but isn't really that relevant. It doesn't matter to me how much other clubs charge, I'm not going to start going elsewhere because they are £5 cheaper than Villa. This applies to all Villa fans I would assume. Ticket prices at Villa are what gets the fans through the doors, not how much our tickets are compared with Everton, Stoke, Hull etc

The trouble for all football fans is attendances and ticket prices bear almost no relationship to one another and clubs know this.  The performance of the team has a much greater impact on attendances than ticket prices (for example, why do Premier League clubs get the highest crowds when they charge the highest ticket prices?).

So the clubs know that from a pricing perspective, as long as they don't make ticket prices extortionate (ie out of kilter with other clubs) then the target they work to is to price as highly as they can get away with.  By the very same logic, reducing prices doesn't increase attendances and therefore never results in the oft-claimed compensating amount of matchday revenue from catering, etc.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2016, 04:55:39 PM »
I was seriously considering dropping my ST next season, and picking up tickets for each game, however I intend to get an away ST next season and I don't think you can get one without the other...foiled!!

is there such a thing as an away season ticket?

Offline ez

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2016, 07:01:51 PM »
Would they close part of the ground such as the upper witton lane stand home section maybe?

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2016, 07:10:32 PM »
Would they close part of the ground such as the upper witton lane stand home section maybe?

I overheard an old gentleman in the Trinity Rd Lift saying they were going to shut the top tier next season.I am not so sure though, they will be the most expensive tickets with matchday revenue more important next year.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2016, 07:12:36 PM »
not sure i get it

fans telling the club how to price tickets, what next?

what team should be picked? how the grass should be be cut on the pitch? what brand of pies to sell?

What's wrong with fans having an opinion on tickets prices and letting them be known?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal