collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season tickets next season - what will they do?  (Read 84852 times)

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
Re: Season tickets next season - what will they do?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 11:58:26 AM »
Who has the final say on pricing, is it Lerner or Hollis? I rather fear it might be Lerner, in which case I can't see him offering any special deals.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 12:09:41 PM »
If it was me running the marketing I would have letters / emails delivered not long after after we are confirmed as down, offering a discount on next season if you buy early so you can 'Join the fightback'

I would try to get the supporters to feel part of the rebuilding by getting us on board as early as I could.

They're more likely to freeze the price and spin it as joining the fightback.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 12:10:49 PM »
I'm not sure about season tickets in the championship, but match day tickets at some clubs are pretty close to our levels.
 I wouldn't expect to be paying a great deal less next year - perhaps it's not unreasonable either.

I think the club are pretty decent with tickets.

Offline FiveKenMcNaughts

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 12:20:47 PM »
I can see some convoluted offer. Pricing will remain the same, however if you are a ST holder next season the price will also remain the same for the 17/18 season if we're promoted. Something like that.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 12:37:29 PM »
I sit next to a Wednesday fan at work and he said when they went down in 2000 they offered a discounted 3 year ST called Premier League- the return or something similar. They went down to League 1 in 2003.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 01:03:23 PM »
If it was me running the marketing I would have letters / emails delivered not long after after we are confirmed as down, offering a discount on next season if you buy early so you can 'Join the fightback'

I would try to get the supporters to feel part of the rebuilding by getting us on board as early as I could.

Yep, my money's on this being the deal - early bird reduction if you buy/renew before the end of the season then it goes up to current season ticket prices from that point on.  I'd be amazed if they attempt an increase - after all, Herbert's no longer in charge!

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 01:13:01 PM »
I think we need a new manager in before any announcement. In terms of pricing it's a difficult one because we want to punch our weight as the biggest club down there, which means paying considerably more than small clubs like Huddersfield and Wigan, as matchday revenue is more important in the Champ than PL. At the same time though, it's an insult to want to charge those of us who have paid circa £500 for this season, the same again.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 01:17:15 PM »
I think we need a new manager in before any announcement. In terms of pricing it's a difficult one because we want to punch our weight as the biggest club down there, which means paying considerably more than small clubs like Huddersfield and Wigan, as matchday revenue is more important in the Champ than PL. At the same time though, it's an insult to want to charge those of us who have paid circa £500 for this season, the same again.

cheapskate!!! if you paid a bit more, you'd get a seat inside the stadium. On second thoughts.........

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 01:47:19 PM »
I would suggest they offer discount incentive to fill the lower tier of the ground next season and close the Upper Trin otherwise Villa Park will resemble a ghost ship with 25k each home game which just motivates away teams. Stick the away fans in Witton Lane upper.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2016, 03:16:17 PM »
Surely a gesture of some kind is in order? I know there aren't any guarantees in football but the £-per-win ratio for a ST at Villa is diabolical.  I honestly don't know what other incentives there are for ST holders to renew - it's not as if getting a ticket next season will be a tricky task.  This is where Charlie Wijeratna's highly paid marketing cronies earn their corn I reckon.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »
Surely with the new TV deal kicking in next season they can reduce the...oh.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 03:23:29 PM »
Apparently we had £2M set aside to fund a ST reduction, but we spent it on a bottle of tippex and some new claws.

Edit - £80k (winky thing)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:48:32 PM by Des Little »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
2016-17 Season Tickets
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 01:27:36 AM »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: 2016-17 Season Tickets
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 01:28:00 AM »
The Supporters’ Trust have today (12th April) issued proposals to Aston Villa Football Club demanding an aggressive ticket pricing policy for the forthcoming season in the Championship.

A letter with our proposals has been sent to Steve Hollis, Chairman, and expands upon our initial verbal input provided to Tom Fox, former CEO, and Lee Preece, Supporter Liaison Officer, in February.  A copy of the full letter is available below.

The principles of the proposed policy are to maximise match day attendees and ensuring that we have passionate supporters getting behind the team in a packed Villa Park as we seek to bounce back immediately to the Premier League.  Maximising attendances and atmosphere will lead not only to more revenue spend on match day activities (club shop and kiosks), compensating the price shortfall, but will also lead to more TV revenue where Aston Villa is seen as an attractive TV product.

The main proposals of our pricing policy proposal are:

Reduction in match day attendance pricing to an average of £20;
Past season ticket holders who have suffered the worst home form in our history in the last 5 years are given a tiered rebate towards a 2016/17 season ticket;
Ongoing loyalty discounts into the 2017/18 season;
Attractive junior and young adult pricing to ensure we develop a youth supporter base for the future; and
Our loyal away followers are not worse off in the absence of the Premier League’s away fan pricing cap.
In addition, we have requested that away supporters to Villa Park access at £20, adding to a vibrant atmosphere.

Offline alftitimus

Re: 2016-17 Season Tickets
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 02:38:39 AM »
When we play at St Andrews next year  - as we must - can our fans be filmed from all angles.
Can stupid villa fans sending of Flares, smashing up toilets and posting it on You Tube
...can they truly be banned.

FOREVER

Can we have a "decent fan" attendance at non-prohibitive prices?

For this one game, and get the old banter and jokes and songs ringing around their pigsty
and not any more vandalism and danger.

Just for this match ?

So we can take our kids, and not be in danger because of our own lunatic fringe ?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:45:03 AM by alftitimus »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal